Executive Inn & Suites
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Rodeway Inn(Alameda)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssalmonwater viewfront deskmashed potatoessan franciscojack london squareshuttle servicesteak dinnercoast guard islandfree shuttlewater frontwaterfront viewfree breakfastexcellent customer serviceoakland airportbart stationbay bridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I needed a hotel in Oakland to avoid some bay area traffic for a morning meeting. My flight came in about 11:30 PM, and after a 15 minute drive from the airport, I was parked. Check in was fast and pleasant. My room was freshly remodeled and IMMACULATE. I travel a lot, and I don't think I've ever been in a more thoroughly cleaned room. The room layout itself was a little dated, but the furnishings, paint, fixtures, carpet were all new. Nice shower and a good bed, sheets and towels. Never heard noise while I was there.
Although breakfast was included, I only grabbed a banana. I did scope out the food and it looked like typical Continental fare. I didn't have a room with a view, but the water sides looked nice...more of a lagoon than the "bay" though. Checkout was smooth and easy. All in all a very smooth and pleasant stay.

Room Tip: ask for one of the newly refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank hugethorn
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for 5 days in early June and loved it. Waterfront property, right across the coastguard island in Brooklyn Basin. Waterside trail was directly accessible from the patio my ground floor room.

Rooms are nice and specious. But nothing great about it. It has everything that you'd expect. Comfortable. But no wow factor.

If you are staying towards the end of the property, as in my case, room 158, wifi intenet was non-existent. Please choose a more central room. I was frustrated. However the lobby area had good wifi signal strength.

Breakfast spread was good. Alameda is only 5 mins drive with lots of eating choices. However there is nothing in the immediate vicinity (10 mins walking radius) of this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Rajatsm
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Completely RUDE managers and front desk people. Charged wrong credit card after asking them to charge a different card and they tried to say it was okay to do. Gave our room away because we "didn't deserve it because we didn't pay as much as someone else because we had a military discount." Talked down to us and talked down to the new girl and embarrassed her in front of guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Dustin-Laynee B
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Dustin-Laynee

Allow me to apologizing for the experience you had at our desk. The encounter you describe is not how we run our hotel and definitely not how we want to treat our guests or each other. If you have a moment please call me at the hotel as I would like to know more about the experience in order to make sure that it never happens again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at the Executive Inn for 4 nights, as it was recommended by our friend who was hosting a number of events over an extended weekend. There was a mix-up (or a misstep) upon our arrival - the room we booked was not available even though I had booked it way in advance, given a deposit, reconfirmed the night before, and alerted them that we'd be arriving from the airport late. There was no indication that we wouldn't be getting the Deluxe King Waterview room. In any case, the staff remained professional and did everything they could to get us to the correct room the next day. (The other King room they gave us for the first night was still water view but it was smaller and didn't have a solid wall between the bedroom and bathroom vanity area - not ideal.)

After that minor glitch, our stay went very well. All the staff, including manager Miguel T and various other employees, were welcoming, very accommodating and gracious. (By the way, when we called down to the front desk to get the internet code that first night, personnel who answered the phone seemed to know about our situation and apologized again, assuring us that things would be taken care of first thing when the manager arrived. Nice touch.) I'd read TA reviews about the staff and I was very glad that those glowing reviews were true!

We used the hotel shuttle several times (e.g., Jack London Square, Chinatown, BART station), which was great and I have to say, one of the reasons we'd chosen this hotel because we didn't have a car for the weekend. The free hotel shuttle is definitely a wonderful service - a great value and an opportunity to see parts of Oakland that we typically overlook.

Since the property is in the middle of renovations, I do hope they consider upgrading their so-called gym. It was a very small room with a treadmill, I think a bike, and multi-purpose machine. I couldn't imagine trying to work out with another person in the room - it was just too small with limited equipment and would get stuffy quickly.

Otherwise, the hotel was a good choice due to its courteous staff, fine breakfast, great shuttle service, free internet, and pretty water view. I would stay here again when I'm next in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cosmotron
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by the hotel and staff. Staying in Oakland because our granddaughter is in the children's hospital. First stay was at another hotel but it was very poorly kept up. Moved to this hotel after the recommendation of hospital staff. Very clean rooms, nice breakfast in the mornings. Very nice staff. Walking along the water with a nice view. Definitely would stay again hopefully for a fun situation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family