“Worst place I've ever stayed at.”

Motel 6 Oakland Airport
Ranked #38 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Nürnberg
“Worst place I've ever stayed at.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2008

Asked for a non-smoking room, got a smoking room. These things happen, so we didn't mind and went back to ask for another room. The receptionist, however, seemed to mind and was particularly rude...I guess at Oakland's Motel6 you should just take whatever they hand to you and shut up. Finally got a non-smoking room. There were no towels, the bed was not freshly made but had fresh dark stains and pubic hair on the sheets. We ended up sleeping on the bedspread where at least we couldn't see the stains. The whole room was plain nasty. Add to that the fact that the place seems to be a hangout for people partying in the parking lot , the generally unsafe area and the bulletproof windows behind which the employes need to hide and you got yourself the perfect place for a nice night in Oakland. Another traveler's review called the place "nasty, scary". I have nothing to add to that.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Seppo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2005

It was basically like every other Motel 6 stay of the room decor and service. One thing I wanted to remark on is that all well-respected hotels and motels are all located next to Motel 6 so the surroundings are the same except probably the service. If your there to just sleep and spend most of the time on business or sight seeing then Motel 6 would be the place to sleep because it is cheaper. Recommend to purchase online as it is cheaper of course.

Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2005

Security checkpoint to park. Okay, I can live with that. The thickest, bullet proof glass you will ever see separates you and the person checking you in. This is during the day, mind you. That makes me worry. If the staff is that afraid then I feel uneasy. I walked into my room. This room smells. I mean, really really smells. It's nonsmoking, but smells like old cigarrettes and moldy carpet. Big room, filthy filthy carpet, the bedspread looks dirty, the counter tops feel sticky. The television looks old, and the picture is very poor. The telephone is really gross. Mirror has big scratches in it. I am a very very experienced traveler. I have stayed in all sorts of Motels, all over the world, including many Motel 6's. I understand that this motel is in a relatively unsafe area. I can live with the bullet proof glass and security parking. What I can't accept is a dirty, smelly room with a bad television, horrid carpet, dirty looking bedspread, phone and countertops. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2005

I have stayed at several Motel 6's around the country and this is by far the wost motel I have ever stayed at period. First you are greated by the bullet proof glass at the guest service area...secondly there is no such thing as a non-smoking room....and worst...the beds have dirty blankets and all...the blanket we got was filthy, we asked for another one...and it was too. The are and the other guest's that styed there were so scary I didn't sleep a wink...beware!!!! Any hotel in this are is bad...it's on the oposite side of the airport.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank linzersamples
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2005

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in March 2005. Room rate displayed prominently on illiminated sign and was the rate that I paid. Clean OK room. Close fo Oakland Airport. Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
McGregor, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2004

My son and I stayed here for one night before flying out of the Oakland airport the next morning. We figured any room would be OK since all Motel 6 rooms are the same, right? Well, to our surprise, we got room 2500, right above the office. It was very large compared to other Motel 6 rooms, with 4 windows overlooking the front of the motel. It was very clean with two queen beds which were very comfortable. However, if street noise bothers you, get another room further away from the freeway. This motel is close to the airport, so getting there is a snap. We rented a car a block away from the motel (Payless) which had an office in another motel, so after checking the car in, we simply took the motel (the other one) shuttle to the airport.

9 Thank gunreel