“Good (no frills) value for a single traveler”

Motel 6 Oakland Airport
Ranked #38 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I arrived on a Saturday night and departed on Thursday morning. I stayed in room 1205, which was in the wing farthest away from the office.

The facility was packed on Saturday night and could be a bit intimidating. I would probably not take the chance to stay there again on Saturday, although my stay was uneventful. Sunday through Wednesday were quiet. Security was high profile. Door locks were solid and secure.

The room and furnishings were plain, but clean and adequate for a single traveler. At $60/night, the price was 1/2 to 2/3 of other Oakland motels.

I would stay there again, but might investigate the Embarcidero Motel 6.

Room Tip: Rooms farthest away from the office might be quieter. Sunday through Wednesday (I was not there Thu...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank fun_N_adventure

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Security patrol everywhere , rooms are surpringly decent other than the walls are VERY thin & you can hear everything !!! Absolutely ghetto !! Do not stay here unless you have no other choice !! Paid $70 and it was probably worth $30 people coming in & out all night slept like crap cause the bed sucks !! We were passing through & were tired no choice ! Never again !!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My first impression was that the hotel looked a bit scary from the outside, complete with a guard checking each guest in at the street and bulletproof glass in the lobby/reception area. But, the room was exceptionally clean and pretty comfortable (though admittedly a bit spartan, it is a basic room after all). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The airport is about 2 miles away and there is a bus (the 73) that runs along Hegenberger Ave, which is only a short walk from the hotel. Admittedly, it is a very basic accommodation: no shampoo, no conditioner, no iron, no hair dryer, and no shuttle, but it was very clean very convenient to the airport (and an in n out burger!), so I would say it was a positive experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Again, my companion (Stella..my dog) and I are staying in Motel 6. Almost every Motel 6 we have stayed in is clean and consistent. Sometimes there will be cigarette holes in clean bed spreads and really that should be addressed!!! Carpets are okay, but bathroom is very clean here and have been in most I have been staying in. This property has 2 security officers. One is at the entrance checking cars in and the other walks around the property. It could be that crime in this area may be higher, but I feel safer with someone keeping watch.

Rooms are usually quiet and every now and then you will hear someone talking outside. Again, I get to drive up to my room and there is no pet fee!!

Room Tip: They have room service! However, there is a $15 service fee for the delivery. Many items available...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank amanda c
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed one night here on our way into San Francisco from Yosemite. The motel is a little intimidating upon arrival, with a security guard on the gate and glass between you and the receptionists. But for $60-something we got a clean room with two comfortable double beds, parking, cheap wifi ($3.25 for 24 hours, pretty fast) and a pool. And coffee at breakfast time. We used the laundry too, although there was only one washing machine working (of two) - but four dryers! The pool was a cold but refreshing and welcome.

So - not a luxury stay by an means, but ok for one night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I know and I stay in many Accor hotels around the world. I really like the brand but this is my first time in USA and I never use again this hotel. To pay what I pay here, I use any guesthouse in San Francisco. Is better.

Dirty, bad painting and very very simple. The same hotel's level in Brazil are cheapest with more services and goods. Ok, is cheap but cheap is not equal terrible! Pay few dollars more and go on the next door. They're a very nice hotel with breakfast, free wi-fi, parking, etc. Everything works, everything ok.

Room Tip: High floors!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Again, it's Motel 6 in East Oakland, but hey, we were fine with it. Clean room, fast WiFi at a good price. We'd come back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family