“Great stay for Raiders game”

Hilton Oakland Airport
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
London, Canada
“Great stay for Raiders game”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Airport for a Raiders game, they have a free shuttle that picked us up from the airport (you need to call once you get your luggage to arrange pickup). Check in was easy, very nice staff, had a nice room, in room safe, pool, workout room, the hotel can be a bit confusing at first as it has 4 seperate buildings or so. Free wifi in hotel lobby only. The restaurant/sports bar is right out front in the building across from it. Great sports bar for Raider fans! They have a round trip shuttle to Raider games for $6, the Coliseum is not really walkable, at least 20 minute walk or more and near highways. I would for sure stay here again next time I come to a Raiders game!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeff S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
California
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We stayed at the Hilton while in town for an Oakland Raiders game. We got a room for $109 in advance. They offer a shuttle to the Oakland coliseum for $6 per person, and after the game was over, it was a good walk back to the hotel.
Our room was small, and didn't have a refrigerator or microwave. The coffee pot was on the bathroom sink right next to the toilet, which seemed a filthy place to keep a coffee pot. There was also mold in the shower. We had a handicapped room, with a bench seat in the shower. I didn't put the bench down, but it was folded up against the wall, and there was a lot of mold all over the underside part of the bench seat. There was also mold in the seams of the shower.
On a positive note, the staff were very friendly, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room itself was clean, and it was very quiet.
I have never stayed in a Hilton before, but from the name alone I was just expecting more. There was a charge to park your car and a charge for wired WI-fi in the rooms. We stayed at a hotel in San Francisco the night before for the same price with free parking, free Wi-fi, and a free continental breakfast in a great location. They offered more than the Hilton, and San Francisco is a lot more fun.
The Hilton was a good stay and convenient to the coliseum, just not what I expected it to be.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jackieca
Oregon
Reviewed 3 December 2012

After reading the reviews, I was certain that his would be quite the fleabag. Initially we were given a room across from the ice/vending machines - really noisey. Had we not been relocated on request, this review may have been a bit sour. The room we were reassigned to was essentially the same, but quiet. The bed linens were better than expected, including a down comforter. It's hard to say anything negative. It's an airport hotel, convenient, clean, accommodating, comfortable. You'll be happiest if you get a discount. Parking costs an additional $11 - there are no off- site options.

Room Tip: Anything away from the elevators or ice/ vending machines.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LuxuryLinens
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Pretty much what one can expect from an airport hotel, but not a Hilton. The Restaurant service is so bad it is almost comical. It's pretty much the only option for food, other than a good italian spot a few blocks away. I skipped meals rather than eating at the hotel bar. I went three different times, with three different wait staff/bartenders and it was consistently bad. I'm not sure what is really going on at that place lol

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank NoahMHarris

Travellers are raving about these Oakland hotels

san jose, ca
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I was asleep in my room about 6:45am when I heard a loud drip coming from the bathroom so I woke up and went to investigate, when I got there waters was pouring out from the ceiling all over the sink. I went to call the front desk and they said "oh you are in 2128" and I said yes i was the next question was even more bizarre "aren't you checking out today" like just deal with it until checkout. I said no i want another room because the water might cause a fire in the light above the sink. So when i went to check out later the front desk person said how was your stay? I said how do you think my stay was, I had to move early in the morning into a different room without any help or promise of compensation so how do you think my stay was? And the reply was "your are checked do you need anything else?".

I think The Hilton bought a Motel Six and put their name on it at least with a Motel Six you know what to expect.

STAY AWAY!!!!

Oh and by the way WiFi is 12.95 and is slow as dial-up!!!

Room Tip: have low expectations and you won't be disappointed!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank louseuferer
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 November 2012

When you arrive at Oakland International Airport, be sure to call the front desk to send a shuttle bus to pick you up. Otherwise, you'd be sitting there forever. I had the good sense of calling them, but there was this poor guy who had been sitting at the bus stop for almost an hour. Took them about 15-20 minutes between my phone call and the shuttle bus to arrive. Not close to the BART... you have to request for a shuttle bus to take you to the nearest BART station (Coliseum/Oakland Airport), and then call them when you return and have to wait at the station to pick you up. Not particularly a "nice" area waiting, too. The room (in Building 2) smelled. I saw a huge bug (looked like a bed bug) crawling across the bathroom floor one morning. Killed it. No doubt as soon as I got home, I thoroughly cleaned my luggage and clothes with scalding hot water. There are additional charges for parking and for Internet. Service was good. Little water pressure in the showers. It wasn't overly expensive but I don't think I would stay here again at $116 a night, which is what I paid for.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Was placed in building 5 (not connected to the main building) with a HUGE generator outside, earplugs didn't help me sleep. The generator was not temporary, seems to have been there for a while and went on and off every 20 minutes. Needed to change rooms, staff were helpful with that. Small cramped loby, would expect more from a actual Hilton, was more on the level of one of their cheaper brands.

Room Tip: Not on the airport or highway side. Get shuttle from airport and save on expensive parking.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business