“exceeded my expectations”

Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Orcutt, California
“exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was just at the Hilton Oakland Airport for a training, needing to spend the night before. The hotel room was very roomy, very quiet, and I got a great night's sleep. The conference room for the training was just the right size for our group, and the lunch was good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
CookiePerArrival, Director of Sales at Hilton Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Laurie P.,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel.

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is great for groups that are doing a training, conference, wedding... the list goes on and on. We are happy your conference went smoothly and you enjoyed the lunch that went along with it.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Director of Business Development

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I sometimes stay this hotel because of sensibly priced with hilton standard quality. This time I had some trouble. Wooden floor might be a bit old. Guest upstair was walking in his/her room all the time like a bear and wooden floor noise was so annoying. House keeping woke me up even I hung "Don't disturb!" plate on door nob. They maybe don't understand English and don't know what it was. Otherwise, reasonably prices hilton hotel in bayarea.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear VeryFrequentTravelle,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We understand these take time and appreciate yours.

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience while staying with us. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Housekeeping to ensure all Housekeeping staff understand the "Do Not Disturb" sign.

Again, thank you for the comments and we hope to see you again soon to turn your bad experience into a memorable one.

Penryn, United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

There is no kinder and thoughtful staff anywhere. This Hilton has a great layout, nice facilities and convenient location. Breakfast is fabulous and the sports bar is a fun spot. Even the fitness center is uniquely enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Joseph G S.,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. We understand these take time and we appreciate yours.

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on great customer service and comfortable accommodations, and it looks as if we provided just that.

Again, thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I am a member of Hilton Honors and I travel a lot.
I arrived at Hilton Oakland Airport one evening last July.
I had a confirmed resi via my Honors account for three nights.
Upon arriving at the front desk and producing my drivers license and credit card,
the front desk lady said to me, "We've got you for one night?" I happen to be a champion poker player, and I could tell by her tone she was pulling my leg.
I believe there is almost no chance that her computer system was showing my resi for just one night, especially when I had in my possession a printout of the resi which was for three nights.
My belief is that she was trying to see if I would react, which I didn't (poker), although I was arriving very tired from a long flight from Hawaii.
My belief is that she was playing a game with me.
Next time this occurs, I will say, "Well . . I'm not sure how long I will be staying, how about 7 nights."

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor and closer to the front desk. The rooms toward the back of the &qu...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear Lee J.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are sorry to hear that our Front Desk staff was unprofessional during your check-in process. We understand traveling can be long and tiring and we want to make your check-in process as easy as possible. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Front Office Operations to ensure this does not happen again.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the future to change your perspective on our unprofessional staff.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our family live in Oakland and Alameda so this location is very convenient. It is close to the freeway and minutes from the airport. Rooms are clean and quiet. Breakfast was included and that was a very nice amenity. Wished parking was included too. This should be a given.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CookiePerArrival, Director of Sales at Hilton Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Like8s,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback, both good and bad.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is one of our top features and we are happy to see you agree. We strive to provide a warm, clean, and convenient accommodations for all of our guests, and it looks as if we did just that.

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy about paying for parking, which we understand can be irritating. We've created special packages to include this fee, when you have time please feel free to check out our website with all our packages.

Again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 January 2014

For the amount of money that I paid for the 3 nights stay, I wasn't happy with the accommodations. The room was very small & the walls were very thin. I could hear everything going on around me all times of the day and night. I was also unhappy that a person who came to visit me for about half a day at the hotel had to pay for parking. The bathroom was very small and dated. The yellow bathtub seems to have been there since the 1970s. I thought by choosing the Hilton as my hotel that I would receive better quality for the price I paid. I have no plans on staying at Hilton Oakland Airport hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CookiePerArrival, Director of Sales at Hilton Oakland Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time out of your travels to review our Oakland hotel.

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We apologize for the small and dated room with a yellow bathtub, we have forwarded your review to our Director of Housekeeping and General Manager to ensure these are fixed asap.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future, so we can change your bad experience to a great one.

Atlanta
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel has nice rooms that are well appointed and good housekeeping. The door locks were a problem and I noticed that they were those locks by a company named Onity that were featured on the TV networks as the ones that could be compromised. Nice breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: A top floor room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dealmaker,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us in Oakland, CA. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations to each of our guests, and it looks as if we did just that.

Thank you for the heads up about the locks in the guestrooms and the company who provided them, we will look into this ASAP.

Again, thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again soon.

Director of Business Development
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport
Courtyard Oakland Airport
Courtyard Oakland Airport
#11 of 49 in Oakland
Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport
Radisson Hotel Oakland Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda

Been to Hilton Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!