“Average hotel needs update and attention”

Quality Inn Oakland
Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Average hotel needs update and attention”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed at the Quality Inn during a west coast road trip. The hotel is older, with outside room entrances. We were staying in a queen room with pretty lumpy mattresses. The room was equipped with a newer refrigerator, but old microwave, and older CRT TV. The WiFi was intermittent, and we were close to the office.
The staff was helpful, but they ignored obvious homeless people entering the breakfast room, stocking up and walking out.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stay here whenever flying in or out of Oakland. Their rates are very reasonable. Breakfast is adequate. Rooms are clean and well equipped. It is close to the freeway. Recommend it for anyone staying in Oakland.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richard b
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. My entire team is delighted that your stay was enjoyable. Your kind words mean a lot to us and we strive to keep our guests happy to keep them coming back home again and again. Wish you the best of season’s greetings and warmest regards from all of us at Quality Inn Oakland Airport.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel was more than adequate for our needs. Room was clean; we really liked the Q shower head. For once I felt like I got wet without standing under the water forever. The refrigerator was a big plus. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. The shuttle to the airport came on schedule.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest, Our entire team is delighted that your stay was comfortable. Thank you very much for taking time to share you experience. We look forward to your next visit again soon! Warmest regards.
Heerhugowaard, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

My flight arrived at Oakland Airport and I had a good start at the Inn. It's near the airport, and also a great location near al lot of shops to buy some travel necessaries.

The room was clean and I had everything I needed.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mrs Mandy -
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your compliments! Our entire team is delighted that your stay was enjoyable. We hope you will take another trip soon to beautiful San Francisco. Thank you very much for your business we greatly appreciate it. Warmest regards.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Had a king size bed, the room was somewhat smaller than expected but cozy and clean and the price was right. Pool and spa on site with a free shuttle to and from airport. The front desk clerk was friendly and accomadating. The only downer was lack of eating facilities nearby and without a rental car had to order from an offsite resturant which was fine but had wanted to eat out not in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback and glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business. We look forward to welcome you back again soon. Warmest regards.
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I chose Quality Inn for it's convenience since it's only a couple miles away from the Oakland Airport. Front desk clerks are great and helpful. Breakfast was great for it's price. They also offer free shuttle service to the Oakland Airport which was very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back again soon. Warm regards.
Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I checked into the hotel very late at night, around midnight. I was exhausted and wasn't really there while the hotel staff explained to me how to get to my room and check out. When I asked the lady to repeat what she had said, she spoke in a loud, rude tone that made me feel deaf and belittled. Checking out was also terrible; the staff had awful attitude and obviously did not want to be there. I will never again stay at a hotel where the guests are not given respect. I am so disappointed that the manager has not taught his or her staff the basic skill of being courteous and understanding.

The rooms were ok; a lot smaller than I would've liked. They were relatively clean. Keep in mind that this is a motel, not a hotel. The microwave and fridge were convenient. They were just average motel rooms. The breakfast was alright; I liked the waffles and boiled eggs. Other hotels usually have potatoes, fruit, and yogurt to offer.

Also, the location of the hotel made me feel very uncomfortable and unsafe. This part of Oakland isn't particularly nice. Be wary of this when you stay here, especially if you're traveling with children.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Simran H
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear Guest, I am very-very sorry for your experience. I will address the issue with my staff and offer training once again. I want to re-assure our guests that Quality Inn is located at an industrial/commercial zone surrounded by hotels and businesses. So far, there has never been an issue where our guest safety was ever threatened. The complimentary breakfasts offer a wide variety of selections, and not just typical continental breakfast items. However, I am very sorry for your inconvenience. Warm regards.