“Don't stay here”

Quality Inn Oakland
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here before and after trip to hawaii. Left car here and it was safe so that was good. Our first night the comforter had blood stains on it :( the room was dingy and old. I wore socks because the carpet was gross. The bed was uncomfortable and tv was old. The second night we had a non smoking room that reaked of smoke and had to air it out. Also found hair on the sheets :( no quality at this inn - don't stay here :(

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank mistymave

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here the week after being told by Comfort Inn on my second week and after reserving a room that I couldn't come back (in a review that I wrote neglecting to mention the yelling and verbal abuse and what looked like prostitution going on- same guy all three nights with numerous different scantily clad women-or the smell of smoke in the halls). The first week here at Quality was great just like at Comfort. Then I come back (to Quality Inn) after making a reservation, having the funds held on my debit card and was told to wait 45 minutes to have a room cleaned. I don't the area so I sat in my car for that time, then went back in and the girl (Patrice, who was SO sweet) said she was really very sorry, but that I was on the "do not rent to" list and I'd have to go elsewhere.
I guess the manager of Comfort Inn is also the manager of Quality Inn and I even tried calling him RIGHT after she'd talked to him and got a full voice mail. Poor girl had to do this "man's" dirty work and wouldn't even discuss the situation with me! She even went so far as to recommend their competition near by, saying that they'd just re-done their rooms and it was a really nice place. Imagine having to refer a paying customer who would give you at least 16 more weeks of business because your boss is a coward who can't even have a face to face discussion.
I ended up going there (the competition) and it's been fabulous. I was nearly in tears when I got there, having been told I had nowhere to stay and knowing I had to be at work in a few hours until 7:30 the next morning and the hotel receptionist was so sweet and asked what happened. She said I wasn't the only one this month that she'd heard of this happening too. So sad. Turns out, this place is WAY nicer than both other places, even though it's about $10 more a night, but I feel safer and they've been very kind and already know my name after two weeks.

Room Tip: Don't stay here and if you do, don't write a review unless it's good because you'll...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank K B
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Room was neat, but obviously needing some repairs, for eg the air conditioning power plug was held together with electrical tape, one of the lamps kept shorting out. We were fortunate to have a fridge and microwave in one of our rooms but the other did not.

The people in the room next to us were loud and clear to stand outside our door smoking and arguing until early morning so that really spoiled it for us. There are many nearby takeaway restaurants but I certainly wouldn't walk around outside at night.

On the positives, the beds and pillows were super comfy which was unexpected. The free airport shuttle was on time and the free breakfast was good. Couldn't fault the staff either, pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Upstairs if you can handle the steps, probably quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is my second visit and I find this property okay with good value.
Pros:
- walking distance from Coloseum BART station
- affordable
- reasonably clean
- breakfast okay with hot sausage
- airport shuttle every half an hour
- wifi was fast.

Cons:
- it's a motel. Security may be a concern, although I have not seen any problem.
- Ice machine was out of order during my stay.
- Train noise was heard. For those who are sensitivity, this can be a problem.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fscholar
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your feedback we highly appreciate it. We are glad your stay was enjoyable and you felt safe and comfortable in our environment. The issues of your concerns are being addressed. We would love to see you again soon. Warmest regards!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We used this facility as part of a park and fly deal. We stayed both before and after our departure from Oakland International airport. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. But, it was quite small and moving around was difficult with two people/suitcases in the room. Physically, the building needs serious major repairs - dry rot in exposed stairwells and upstairs walk way. But, the breakfast was good and the staff was professional and friendly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your continued patronage. At Quality Inn we strive to provide clean, comfortable, safe accommodation to all our guests. We are not fancy but affordable to meet demands of our valued guest for an affordable lodging in and around Oakland Airport/Oakland Coliseum. While rates are reaching for "Sky is the limit", we strive to do our best and keep it within budget with extra mile service and a smile from our dedicated staff. We hope to see you again soon. Warmest regards!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed at the Quality Inn during a west coast road trip. The hotel is older, with outside room entrances. We were staying in a queen room with pretty lumpy mattresses. The room was equipped with a newer refrigerator, but old microwave, and older CRT TV. The WiFi was intermittent, and we were close to the office.
The staff was helpful, but they ignored obvious homeless people entering the breakfast room, stocking up and walking out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stay here whenever flying in or out of Oakland. Their rates are very reasonable. Breakfast is adequate. Rooms are clean and well equipped. It is close to the freeway. Recommend it for anyone staying in Oakland.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richard b
young101, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. My entire team is delighted that your stay was enjoyable. Your kind words mean a lot to us and we strive to keep our guests happy to keep them coming back home again and again. Wish you the best of season’s greetings and warmest regards from all of us at Quality Inn Oakland Airport.