“Hotel pleasant, but you'll get tired waiting for airport-to-hotel shuttle bus.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My flight arrived at Oakland Airport around 10:30pm. After getting my luggage off the carousel I phoned the hotel to get the free shuttle bus to take me the mile or so to the hotel. I had to phone 3 times over 20 minutes to finally get the bus to the airport pickup stop. At first I was standing in the wrong place, but nonetheless there was no shuttle anyway. I moved to the correct pick-up location and there still was no shuttle. The person on the hotel phone was nice, always encouraging me that the bus was on its way. In the meantime shuttles from other airports continued to pass through the airport pick-up area but no Holiday Inn Express bus. The following day, the breakfast was good and there was no hassle in asking the driver to take me to the National Car Park rental area off airport. The room was standard and clean. All in all, the hotel is a good spot, but you need to be patient at the airport for the shuttle bus, much more so than for the hotels in the area

Room Tip: Frankly I was so tired I made no note of the room or its location inside the building except I remem...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Bhotels, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Mr. Blomme,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel pleasant and the location convenient. The description of your wait for the airport shuttle has been very helpful to our staff in solving an operational problem and improving the service to our guests. I sincerely regret that you experienced such a delay in being picked up by our shuttle. That is certainly not representative of the service we intend to provide our guests.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you an enjoyable stay again in the future.

Thank you again for your valuable comments.

Regards,
Dhruv Patel

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Holiday Inn Express just off the edge of Oakland Airport is a convenient place to spend a night if you're arriving late and are just looking for a place for the night. Unfortunately, we waited for nearly a half hour on a cold night for the hotel's complimentary shuttle to pick us up. Foolishly, we heeded the advice of the front desk clerk to wait until our luggage had arrived before calling for the shuttle and then made 3 calls to the hotel inquiring where the shuttle was. The room was sufficient for one night, but would probably seem pretty cramped for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the airport (the east side). If your flight is arriving after the stop of...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bhotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the difficulties in the timing of our shuttle service. I am happy the location, cleanliness and sleep quality were so satisfactory. Your comments about your wait for the airport shuttle has been instructive to our staff in solving a problem and maintaining the high level of service that we expect. I am so sorry that you had such a wait to be picked up by our shuttle. That is not the kind of service we offer our guests.

Hopefully you will give us another chance to show you the high standards of service that we believe in.

Thank you again for your valuable comments.

Regards,
Dhruv Patel

Reviewed 7 February 2012

The elevators and hallway carpet seem to be a bit old and run down, but the staff checked me in very quickly, and the breakfast in the morning is a very nice touch. The location was ideal to the airport and where I was working and I found very good restaurants nearby. For the price, it was a great hotel. It is no frills, but the rooms are large, have a nice microwave, and it did have a nice flat panel tv.

Room Tip: The restaurants in Alameda about 5 minutes away were great.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank AndrewReese
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The place is what you would expect for a Holiday Inn Express.
Make certain you park your car in the front, lock it, and keep valuables out of sight. This area does not feel particularly safe but it is very convenient to the airport and the business park nearby. I have stayed here a few times.

Room Tip: Room facing front parking lot, upper floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank LinGal2001
Reviewed 13 December 2011

great stay, rteat staff, great large room with frige & microwave. great shuttle service to rental car and back & forth to airport. Only complaint is front desk staff needs training to professionally (i.e., not ask the janitor -oh yes that is who the front desk sent!, but yes report problem to supervisor, and yes give feedback to customer waiting to use the connection) try to resolve issues with faulty/no internet connection in customer business center. It was down since the day before and no one reported this to the mgr on duty until I demanded to speak to the mgr! He personally checked the wiring and found where the internet connection had been unplugged and remedied the situation. No one had told him it was down, even though others had issues the nite before (according to front desk staff going off duty) and I reported it starting at 7 AM!
But location is terrific and the beds are extremely comfortable; as are the choice of 4 pillows on each bed.
With some more professional cust svc tng, front staff can be good, too! Esp tng on timely resolving/reporting issues that need to be resolved for customers.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank financearmymama
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We had a great experience at this hotel last Christmas and so we went back this Thanksgiving weekend for another Raider game. Just as expected, this hotel was awesome.
It's very clean, the staff is very nice, breakfast is great. I will always stay here when I go back to Oakland. I even recommended it to my family and they also loved it. Not one complaint.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mendoza830
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I was in the bay for a business trip from Singapore. After the long and dreadfull flight, checking into the hotel was all that I was looking forward to. Upon reaching the hotel, I was very impressed by the Staff, the rooms and ofcourse the hotel itself. Everyone was so helpful and cheerful. The rates were fantastic. The room was very cozy and Comforatable, I slept like a king. I was able to move around town easily and the staff was on my beck and call. Very proffesional and impressive service. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definately be coming back.
S.J

Room Tip: I was very satisfied with my basic room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo