“Very comfortable bed, clean quiet room and Dorothy & J.D. we're wonderful with Reservations & Customer service.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Was looking for a good place to stay regularly, business travel, one night, at the airport. The Hilton was not what I expected so although my Company usually books the Hilton on our Corp rate, they said they couldn't put me in a room in the main building for that rate so I started shopping around. For $10 more I get the Holiday Inn Express with Breakfast and I am in the main building. Easy switch and so glad I did. J.D. booked me at a great rate, and Dorothy had my room key waiting for me when my meeting ran late. Excellent Customer service. Clean,quiet room with a really soft comfortable bed. Right at the airport.

• Stayed January 2014
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that you enjoyed the service, the complimentary breakfast and the accommodations. I will share your compliments with our staff. They will be pleased, especially Dorothy and J.D.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Oakland for your visit to the Bay Area. We hope you to see you again.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Ukiah, California
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Friendly staff, we were greeted by front desk employee, Ben, with a warm smile and great service after 10 pm on a Friday night, So pleased with service, upon our return, we booked our room next month when we travel again. When we booked our return stay Ben remembered where we would be traveling and made me feel valued because he remembered our first conversation.
The location is great. The shuttle stays at the hotel until you need it. If it just left it will be right back. Friendly driver drove us and another family to the airport. Hotel to Southwest drop off about 5 min. total time. Same great service when picked up. We called and shuttle there in about 7 min.
Rooms and bathrooms are very clean. Happy to see comforter between sheets rather than bedspread. Temperature of room very comfortable. Stayed for Friday night before departure and stayed Sunday night upon return flight. Both rooms equally clean and temperature good. Plenty of hot water for bath or shower. Very quiet hotel for being so close to the airport.
Breakfast overall was nice, Good variety. Biscuits and gravy and eggs kept warm. Nice touch to have little cartons of milk and yoguarts in little fridge. they also had english muffins and bagles. we would have preferred a waffle maker over the unique pancake maker and the cinnimon rolls were too doughy for my husband but I liked them. Staff was friendly and asked if you needed anything before the breakfast time was up.
Both my husband and I recommend this hotel. We stayed on the 3rd floor both nights.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a thorough and favorable review of our hotel. With our convenient shuttle, tasty complimentary breakfast and clean rooms, we intend to provide an enjoyable, no-hassle hotel stay for people traveling on short layovers or extended stays in the Bay Area. Judging from your comments, we have succeeded.

We appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our area.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed here during our trip in May this year. We had a great stay, special thanks to Jay at the front desk who was very friendly andhelpful. A nice & safe place and not too far from the SF city centre!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Denise,

I am so glad to hear that you felt safe and secure at our hotel and that you enjoyed the service and location. Your praise for Jay at the front desk was very much appreciated, I will pass on your compliments to him.

Thank you for being such a loyal guest. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Chico, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Clarence picked me up at the airport back to the Holiday Inn Hotel. He was such a positive, delightful gentleman during the drive back. On top of that, when I had returned to my car at the hotel my car battery died, Clarence helped me out with. He went out of his way to get his jumper cables and jump my car. Without his help, I would of been sitting there by my car for AAA to show up. Clarence definitely deserves some sort of recognition (i.e. a raise, promotion, gift certificate) for going out of his way that day. We need more selfless people like him in this world. Thank you Holiday Express Inn at Oakland!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Kayla Marie,

You shared such a wonderful story about Clarence’s assistance in dealing with your dead car battery. This is just one example of Clarence's caring nature. I agree with you that there should be more people like him in the world! I will be sure to recognize him for his efforts.

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to tell us about your great experience at our hotel.

Bright, Indiana
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Great hotel for buisness or pleasure with friendly staff. I will definately stay there again when I return to town. Very convienent wether you fly into Oakland or San Fransisco. Many good places to eat within a mile and just a short 15min. Drive to Fishermans warf in San Fransisco for lots of good food, shopping, tours, Alcatraz, and some great ambiance. Love those cinimon rolls at breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank ForceGoemaat
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review of our hotel! I am so happy that you enjoyed our hotel and the easy access to the airport, nice dining options and fun sightseeing on both sides of the Bay. Many of our guests appreciate our complimentary shuttle service which operates within a 3 mile radius for business and leisure transportation.

Thank you for being our guest, we hope you will visit us again!

Cloverdale, California
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We used the "Park and Fly" Package which was a good value and the hotel is very convenient to the Oakland Airport. We got a quiet room away from the street which was clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely polite and helpful. The only negative thing was the parking lot. DO NOT PARK UNDER ANY OF THE TREES IN THE LOT! When we returned to pick up our car, it was completely coated with a sticky substance that dripped off a nearby tree. It was so bad that we could not see out of the windshield. The shuttle driver (Clarence) helped us clean off the windshield, but I had to spend the next day cleaning off the hood, the roof and the trunk lid.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BILL P
Dear Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such good feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so happy that you found our location convenient, the rooms comfortable and our staff so helpful.

I regret that you had a problem with the sap dripping on your car. Now that you have brought this to my attention, I will take appropriate action.

We appreciate your business very much!

Red Bluff, California
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel has everything you need: great rooms, awesome jacuzzi, a nice gym and most importantly, superb service. Tiffany at the front desk helped my fellow stayers and me with everything we needed. Bombarding with faxes, copies, questions and small talk, she kept a very distinguished and congenial attitude and personality. All of the staff were great and helpful, the hotel was clean and well kept, and I have to say I believe it was one ofmy best hotel stays I've ever had.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank JayDMax
Dear Jay,

Thank you for such a glowing and sincere review of our hotel. We are so proud of our team and the effort that they put into taking care of our guests. I will share your comments with the staff. They will be pleased to hear your comments, especially Tiffany.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Bay Area.