All reviewsoakland airportfront deskclose to the airportthe shuttle driveran early morning flightrental carnext morningmile radiusgreat airport hotelbart stationfree shuttlefree breakfaststayed one nightfirst floorgreat place to staypark and flythe hotel is clean
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Clarence, the shuttle driver, was the first to welcome us to this airport hotel with a big smile and helping hand. He gave the extra effort to make our stay at the Holiday Inn a very pleasant one. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We consider our shuttle driver’s primary job is to be a welcome committee and your glowing review confirmed this. Thank you for commenting on Clarence’s wonderful sense of hospitality, I will share your comments with him.

Your business is important to us and we look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I hope that anyone checking in soon has the opportunity to be helped by Dorthy. I checked in and then remembered I needed parking for two weeks. She helped me get the right rate and eased my over traveled mind.
Thank you again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear HAKMEG ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to hear you get to experience our great customer service through Dorothy. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I visited this Hotel for 3 nights while touring San Francisco. It has good shuttle service to both the airport and to the Coliseum BART Station. This staff was very helpful. It is a good alternative to the much pricier San Francisco side of the bay. I would definitely stay again if re-visiting the bay area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay on our side of the bay and that you found it a good value for your trip to San Francisco. Your willingness to stay with us again is the best recommendation we could ask for.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your San Francisco headquarters!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The shuttle driver, Clarence, was very courteous and helped me with my many bags from my arrival at the airport to helping me get them taken to my room.
The receptionist was very busy but took the time to smile and acknowledge that he would be with me shortly and apologized for the wait. Once it was my turn he was able to give me a first floor room as I had hoped for and answered all of my questions.
The room was very nice: clean, comfortable bed and pillows and in every other way, it was very roomy. So nice for the weary traveler.
Breakfast was nice with several choices to select from, and the shuttle was available quickly to take me back to the airport.
I would stay at this hotel again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your five star review of our hotel. I will share your compliments with our team. They will be so pleased, especially Clarence.

We believe we offer a very good value with clean, comfortable rooms, good service and lots of extras. Judging from your review, we are succeeding!

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Having read the rave reviews of this hotel here on Trip Advisor, I opted for the HIE...well, we got there, check-in was fine, the room was fine, the shuttle to the airport the next morning was fine, but when we got home (9 pm)- over a 45 minute wait for the shuttle, and we were lied to! We called frotm the pick up area, and were told 5-10 minutes, fine....We noticed hotel shuttle after hotel shuttle go by, some 2-3 times, but not the Holiday Inn Express. There are 3 other people left waiting - they too were guests at HIE, and they had first called 15 minutes beforfe we did and were told he was ON HIS WAY! They called again, were told that the driver took another guest to WalMart? WHAT? We called again, and were told it would be a few minutes -- hey, get your stories straight! If you offer a Park and Stay package, your shuttle service should be for the guest paying for that premium. Had we known it was going to be 45 minutes, we could have taken a $5 taxi ride. Come on.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J_Fromage

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your disappointment in our shuttle service. I apologize for the delay you experienced, that is certainly not representative of the level of service we intend to offer our guests. We will use your feedback to review our procedures, so that this kind of glitch does not occur again.

Your business is important to us and we value your comments.