All reviewsoakland airportfront deskclose to the airportthe shuttle driveran early morning flightrental carnext morningmile radiusgreat airport hotelbart stationfree shuttlefree breakfaststayed one nightfirst floorgreat place to staypark and flythe hotel is clean
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We needed a place to stay for one night on our way to and from Hawaii. We were able to leave our car their during our trip and it was so conveniently close to the airport. The staff were so nice and very helpful. We arrived very late both times and we were greeted by name with smiles from both front desk attendants. We especially like Karla our hostess for breakfast! She was kind, courteous and served everyone, even though it is a self-service breakfast. She greeted each table personally and was extremely kind and helpful! We will surely stay here again!

1  Thank Nancy S
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Nancy,

What a great review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your comfortable room, the free breakfast and the excellent service provided by our staff. I will share your remarks with them. They will be happy to know you recognized their efforts, especially Karla.

Thanks so much for your business.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel twice now and I'm incredibly impressed with the customer service and quality of rooms both times. Dorothy, front desk, was incredibly friendly and accommodating and Clarence, the driver, was a delightful driver!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ashley,

When we hear such praise from repeat guests like you, we know we are doing our job right. Thank you for sharing your comments with us, especially your complimentary remarks for Dorothy and Clarence. I will let them know that you appreciated their hospitality.

We look forward to being of service to you again!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I had made an online reservation for Thursday night on Wednesday morning. However, I discovered at the last minute today, (Wednesday afternoon), that I needed to stay at this hotel tonight, also.

I called and spoke with Jesus Ibarra. He was WONDERFUL! He was able to book the same type of room for my Wednesday night stay that I had already booked for my Thursday night stay, (the hotel was almost completely sold out). This will save me having to change rooms after 1 night.

The room, (a King suite), is exactly as promised. Plenty of room and a nice comfy bed. Clean bathroom and excellent wifi.

The hotel's location is perfect for someone wanting to be close to the airport the next morning to return a rental car and get to the airport quickly. Being able to grab a good breakfast, quickly, is a big plus, too.

Jesus Ibarra made the last 2 days of my family's Spring Break trip a pleasure!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting on the outstanding commitment to guest satisfaction that our team shows every day. We are very proud of them, so I will share your compliments. They will be pleased, especially Jesus.

I am glad we were able to make your travels easier and more enjoyable. We hope to do so again, upon your next visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Upon checking in I was greeted by Dorothy at the front desk. She had a wonderful smile and was truly interested in making my first visit to this hotel a pleasant one. When entering my room it wasn't the one I had booked and she readily got my room changed to the one I wanted. Cecilia in housekeeping verified the room was ready and all was good. Thank you Dorothy and Cecilia for the excellent service!

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your five star review of our hotel. We believe our team offers the absolute best in hospitality, so your comments are much appreciated. I will pass on your compliments: our staff will be pleased, especially Dorothy and Cecilia.

Your business is important to us, I hope that you can visit us again.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

At check-in for our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Oakland, CA. at the airport, Dorothy was the service agent at the front desk, with JD managing. Dorothy has the finest attitude and is dedicated to great customer service. She was extremely attentative to our desires and needs, took the time with us to ensure we were completely satisfied with the room and services of her hotel, and smiled with a friendly word or comment the entire time. JD was responsive to Dorothy's request for assistance and also ensured we, the customers, were well cared for.
Dorothy also was on duty the following morning to cover the shift for an ill coworker, still with that smile and cheerful attitude.
These are people this organization should treasure and keep on staff. The Holiday Inn Express upper management and owners need to not only retain these two stellar employees, but probably place them on the list to promote within the organization at the earliest opportunity.
This was our second stay at this hotel and we'll continue to use your facilities as long as these fine individuals, and their peers, remain. Keep up the great work!
The gentlemen who drove the shuttle also provided quick, curteous service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bill,

We are very proud of Dorothy, JD and the rest of our team. We believe they provide the ultimate in service to our guests; and your lovely review proves my point. I will certainly share your comments with them.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to the Bay Area. I hope you can visit us again.