“Good park & fly hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
the sea ranch
“Good park & fly hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We've stayed here numerous times. It is a typical HIE with clean rooms and adequate breakfast. They have covered parking for maybe 15 cars. The shuttle ride to the airport is maybe 5 minutes. The park & fly costs are reasonable, and the pick up service is quick.

Room Tip: We always ask for the first floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank steve s
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Steve,

We really appreciate your loyalty in choosing our hotel for your return visits to the Bay Area. I am glad that the parking and shuttle service makes your travels easier. We believe that our Park & Fly rates are a great value, thank you for confirming this in your review of our hotel.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel sets the standard in customer service. My husband and I had tickets to an A's game the night before we flew home from a trip to SF, and we anticipated having to pay for a cab to take us to the game. We were blown away by the hotel's offer to have the shuttle transport us to and from the game; we simply called when we were ready to leave, and they came to pick us up within 5 minutes of the call. We had a wonderful night's sleep in a quiet, clean and spacious room. We had an early flight in the morning, and wouldn't expect a hotel to have breakfast out at 4am. Again, this hotel exceeded our expectations by providing us with a continental breakfast before we had to catch the shuttle to the airport. We were so impressed with the level of service at this property.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AshleyMarie84
Dear Guest,

Our goal is to offer our guests the best service they have every experienced at a hotel. Your review described that perfectly with our convenient shuttle, clean rooms, friendliness and thoughtfulness.

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with other travelers.

Camden, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Wonderful experience--front desk helped with multiple rooms, received a package for me and then Karla was amazing---great service and attention! Super job! Very generous offer to use the hotel van to transport to near by stores, etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bhotels, director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so proud of our team and their commitment to taking care of our guests. Judging from your review, you agree that they are the best! Thank you for acknowledging their efforts. I will pass on your comments. They will be pleased, especially Karla.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Let me start by stating I rarely write reviews. Full disclosure, I'm a travel agent and have stayed at a large variety of hotels including luxury, moderate, and budget. Rarely do I get impressed with a moderate hotel, but this was an exception.

I booked two rooms at this hotel last minute so my family and I could attend a funeral. Being from Oakland (moved away 10 years ago), I know the are extremely well so I considered several other hotels. I'm so glad I went with this Holiday Inn Express.

This hotel was a true delight. The rooms were quiet even though it's the closest hotel to the airport. All of the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, and the hotel has free wifi and daily breakfast - these perks were wonderful and super convenient. The staff was very friendly and attentive to our every need. This includes the front desk, housekeeping, and those staffing the breakfast/lounge area. We even bought seafood from my favorite restaurant to fly home and they let us freeze the crab the night before our departure. The only downside to this hotel is that there was minimal water pressure in the bathroom sink (the shower was fine) and parking was challenging if returning to the hotel late night (the hotel was full because there may have been several people staying there attending the Warriors game during the NBA playoffs). Otherwise, everything about this hotel was excellent. I'll gladly book it again for my next visit and will recommend it to my clients and colleagues going forward.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Leslie R
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Leslie,

Receiving a glowing review from an experienced traveler and an industry professional is truly an honor. I am so happy that you found the location convenient, yet quiet and the service outstanding. I regret that you experienced some difficulty with the water pressure and the parking. We value your comments, so I will certainly follow up on these items.

Thank you for your business, we appreciate it very much.

Ferndale, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel was great but what really makes my stay there nice is the people. From the moment I check in to the time I check out I am always greeted with smiles and willingness to assist. On this last visit I really appreciate in particular Kayla W. efforts. She went the extra my to help me with phone issues I was having so I could make my conference call. Thank you Kayla!

1 Thank Brad B
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Brad,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our hotel, what an honor! We think that we have the best service team ever and your comments reinforced our pride in their commitment to excellence. I will share your comments with them, they will be so pleased, especially Kayla.

I hope you can come back again for another visit.

Redmond, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our first time staying so near the airport. Amazingly quiet considering. Nice staff, comfy bed. The breakfast area was the smallest we've experienced but the staff kept all the choices replenished so everyone got fed.

Room Tip: Top floor quiet side..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank longball44
Dear Guest,

As you mentioned, many of our guests remark on the quietness of our hotel, despite the easy access to the airport. I am glad you enjoyed the peaceful ambiance and the breakfast selections.

We are happy to chose our hotel for your visit to the Bay Area. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I am here for a long term business stay. The hotel is clean, neat with an great free breakfast. The best part though is the customer service and the positive attitude of the staff. When I was having trouble with WiFi a very nice lady at the front desk provided me with an internet cable which made all of the difference in the world.

The van driver - Clarence - is great. He is available to take me to and from the airport at a moments notice and always with a smile, a joke and great service.

1 Thank Jim C
Dear Jim,

It was great to hear your appreciation for our staff. We are so proud of how hard our team works to make our guests comfortable. They will be pleased to hear the acknowledgement of their efforts, especially Clarence.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your long term stay in the Bay Area. We are happy to be your home away from home.