“Second stay just as good as the first”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cobb, California
“Second stay just as good as the first”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We live a few hours from OAK airport and when we have an early flight we like to stay the night at this hotel. During both stays they have been clean and have a friendly staff. We were especially impressed with the receptionist, Dorothy, on this last visit. She was friendly and smiling and quickly and patiently resolved a few issues I had with my reservation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 October 2014
Dear Kathryn,

Thank you for being such a loyal customer at our hotel. We appreciate the fact that you have chosen our hotel for your headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area.

We appreciate your praise for our staff. I will share your compliments with them, especially Dorothy. They will be so pleased.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Glendale, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I chose this hotel after reading the mostly positive reviews from the posts on this site so I expected a lot when coming to stay this past weekend (July 26th). Fortunately, Holiday Inn Express Oakland exceeded my expectations due to the overall excellent service during my one night stay. I would like to give a lot of props to Kayla who was extremely helpful and friendly when I called in the front desk to address my issue about the TV set in the room not working. Luckily, one of the drivers came to my room and quickly resolved the problem thus leaving that situation being the only negative aspect of my trip.

The beds were very comfortable and clean. I was especially impressed with the choices of soft and firm pillows available at ease. The bathroom was especially spectacular and big. Although the dining room for the breakfast bar was rather small compared to other hotels I visited, the selection was great and the pancake maker was a highlight for sure. I especially loved the ladies working in the breakfast bar who were friendly and helpful!

Did I mention this hotel also offers a free shuttle service within a 3 mile radius. So for those who want to visit Oakland for a Raiders, A's or the Warriors game, feel free to ask the front desk to grab a shuttle to the O.co or Oracle. It'll save you money as well as hairs on your head that would have been wasted with parking.

In short, I highly recommend this hotel to those who want to have a weekend getaway in the Bay Area without wasting a fortune that one would spend in a San Francisco hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the floor level, the quieter the noise level.
Dear Guest,

Some of our guests tell a better story about our hotel then we can. And you have done just that with your detailed description of our exceptional amenities and the outstanding service providing our staff. Thank you for sharing with other travelers the reasons why they would want to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport.

We appreciate your business very much and look forward to your return visit.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here one night before an early morning flight out of Oakland. We had spent the previous 6 days/nights in the Bay area, and were tired and worn out. We enjoyed the hot tub and the beds were the most comfortable of the entire trip. We had trouble getting the AC to cool down our room, but that was our only issue. We didn't use the shuttle or have breakfast. Rooms were quiet, shower was good, and nice linens. This part of Oakland feels a bit unsafe, but this hotel and parking lot were fine - no issues for us.

Room Tip: We had a view of a wall, but didn't matter since we were here a very short time.
Dear Trent,

Your detailed review of our hotel is so helpful to other travelers trying to select a hotel in the Oakland area. You were able to point out all the fun things to do, the ease in transportation and the sightseeing information that our staff can provide to make our guests’ stay care free and enjoyable.

Thank you for selecting our hotel and for sharing your positive experience with others.

Churchville, Maryland
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed at this property the night before flying home. This property is right at the entrance road to the terminal. You can not get any closer. The shuttle was great. They will pick you up from the terminal or the rental car center. They will also give you a lift to local restaurants which is probably a good idea since the area isn't too safe. (I was hit up for money twice while filling the rental car gas before returning it.) I grew up in an urban area and this is a tough area. Please be careful.

The hotel was great. Very modern, extremely clean and well equipped. The staff was outstanding and very friendly. Wireless worked great! Great variety of tv channels. Nice complimentary breakfast of both hot and cold foods. The room was large, ac worked great, had a fridge, microwave, coffee and other amenities. Hotel was well worth the value paid. This would probably be a good location even if you are not using the airport, but if you are flying out, stay here, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for offering other travelers so much detailed information about the wonderful benefits of staying at the Holiday Inn Express Oakland Airport. Your review is so helpful because you mention all the extras that add up to an outstanding value: speedy shuttle service to the airport and nearby dining, spacious clean room, fast wi-fi, hospitable staff and more!

We appreciate your business very much.

Fresno, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was great. The clerk at the front desk (Dorothy) was terrific. The room I booked on line was not available but Dorothy made the stay a pleasant one because of her courtesy and professionalism. I wanted to find a quick place to have a steak before going to bed because I had to catch a flight to New York by 4:00 a.m. Dorothy recommended me to this great restaurant by the Lake. When I came back from dinner she ask me how was my meal and gave me a cookie for dessert. In the future when I have to fly I will always stay at this hotel because of the professionalism of the clerk and her kindness. You don't see this enough in the business industry.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor have a very good view of the city.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kelly b
Dear Kelly,

We are so proud of the pampering that our team provides our guests, so it is great to hear their efforts recognized in your review. I will share your comments, they will be so pleased, especially Dorothy.

Thank you for your business.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in after 8 hours of driving from Southern Cali and after seeing the sights in San Francisco. The hot shower and exceptionally comfortable bed was a sight for sore eyes, feet and legs. The breakfast was pretty good and the kids loved the pancake maker. The short drive from San Fran was worth the huge savings. While the neighborhood did seem a little suspect, I always felt safe.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

A comfy bed and a nice, hot shower is a great way to revive after a long travel. I am glad we were able to offer you some R&R after your lengthy drive. A tasty breakfast, the next day (especially those freshly made pancakes) and you are ready for your journey.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

had a great experience with this holiday inn. Dorothy at the front desk provided excellent customer service and accommodation. I believe in customer service and this hotel definitely exceeded my expectations -- much in part to Dorothy's friendliness and great attitude.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael C
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Michael,

What a great review of our hotel and our team. I will share your commendations with our staff, they will be so pleased, especially Dorothy. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and your comments seem to prove us right.

Thank you for being our guest!