“AMAZING Cappuccino”

Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
New York City, New York
“AMAZING Cappuccino”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

On a business trip to Oakland my co-worker took me to The Blue Bottle. There was a line of like 20 people but it was worth the wait. This was the best cappuccino I've had since my travels to Europe in November. If you are a coffee snob then pay the little extra and wait a little longer and check it out.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Tucson, AZ
“Blue Bottle staff attitude”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

These people make great coffee but the attitude of the staff is disgusting. They have the worst of sophomoric snobbishness. Hey, guys, your coffee is excellent--give the pretension a rest.

• Visited October 2012
London
“Great coffee in New York!!”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

If you’re looking for good coffee…this is the place to go! It’s strangely located right below The Rockefeller Centre, although not touristy! (Thankfully!) It’s tucked away in a little corner of the underground shopping centre. You would have to know about it to find it I think – a fellow Aussie living in NY took me here (bless her!!) This place does ‘real’ lattes and also filtered coffee, which I didn’t try as I was just too excited to find a ‘real’ coffee after a week in the states!!! Ahhhh….Bliss!!! I brought my mum back here the following day and she agreed - it was divine! Looks like there are a few other locations throughout NY, so check out their website!

• Visited September 2012
Berkeley, California
“Attitude with a Capital "A" which now has finally lost me as a customer!”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I really like their coffee but have tired of the staff’s rude and arrogant behavior and am taking my business elsewhere. .I just stopped buying their coffee and usually paid $4 for a $2.75 cup and just have stopped leaving the $1.25 tip recently.

They could double the production and staff at some locations like the Saturday Berkeley Farmer’s Market and still have a long line for coffee. They should hire different people with some “oomph” and pleasant demeanors and I know the coffee would be made a lot quicker. This subject has come up in conversation with clients of mine, friends and just plain folks at the market, including vendors. The staff has Attitude with a capital “A.

(by the way: I have heard this same complaint about the Ferry Building stand, the Hayes Valley stand, Sunday Oakland Farmer’s Market and the Saturday Berkeley Farmer’s Market; from clients and friends; some of whom are successful Bay Area chefs and restaurateurs.)

I know there is a marketing technique to make a commodity a “precious” item which consumers demand and have the supply be limited and exclusive. I understand that concept but also believe there are so many good coffees in the Bay Area that, this marketing concept coupled with an arrogant attitude is a turn-off from buying

The staff has private conversations with others and lets customers wait while they have them. They barely smile which could be that they are unhappy in life or with their job OR they think being polite and pleasant wouldn’t be “hip”. I never heard any of them utter a “thank you” once in the entire time (3 + years I believee ) I purchased from them.

I also have had my name forgotten to be called more than once and never was apologized to for the long wait of 20 minutes and their error. Just a simple “Sorry, we made a mistake” would suffice.

I believe this is their corporate culture and after no response to a letter I wrote them I am no longer a customer. What a shame as their coffee is teriffic!

• Visited October 2012
hong kong
“What a wait!”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

If only the baristas did what they should, make the coffee ( which is very good) and leave the money, food and chit chat to other staff. I resent waiting half an hour for a take out coffee in a long queue when it could be delivered much faster. That has been my experience at Mint Plaza and at Ferry Plaza, many times. Of course I keep going back and hoping to find a short line, because the coffee is good. If they were in Melbourne, they would not survive!

Visited June 2012