“What the Heck happened?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Carpaccio Ristorante
Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Oakley
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oakley, California
“What the Heck happened?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

The small city of Oakley is in need of a good restaurant that is not a mexican food restaurant. When Carpaccio's closed it's doors in Antioch and later moved to Oakley everyone I know was thrilled. They had a great reputation for excellent food. Something happened when they moved. The food is inedible. The other day I went for lunch. No waitress/waiter, my order was taken by the person who cleans the tables. When my order finally came the bread was burnt. I sent the order back and asked for it to go. When I got back to my office and looked at the sandwich, the bottom piece of bread was still burnt. Instead of making me another sandwich they toasted another piece of bread put it on top and left the burnt piece of bread on the bottom. I've been to banquets, dinner and lunch. It's all a disaster. What happened to the Carpaccio's that we used to enjoy?

• Visited February 2014

Brentwood, California
“Good food and service..old world decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Went on a Monday, early in the evening. Not crowded at all. Lots to choose from on the fairly extensive menu. From the antipasto thru the salad to the main course, nicely presented and tasty. Only negative this evening was the crab cake. Would not recommend. Overly seasoned in a dirt-tasting kind of way. The shrimp was good, the crab Louie and fettuccini delicious.
They are new in town and I always try to patronize local merchants. Definitely would try them again

Visited December 2013