“Amazing Wine and Winery!”
Review of Far Niente Winery

Far Niente Winery
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Oakville
Milford, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Amazing Wine and Winery!”
Reviewed 4 December 2008

My husband and I visited the Far Niente Winery on a recommendation from a friend and boy are we happy we took that recommendation!

They only have one tour at a time and tours are nice and small giving you a very intimate feel. Your encouraged to ask as many questions as you like which was nice for wine novices like my husband and I. The guides are so knowledgeable about the winery and the wines and you can tell really love what they do!

We went for a nice tour of the winery as well as an amazing vintage car collection they have on site. Then to top things off you sit down and have a wonderful wine tasting which they pair with carefully selected cheese that match the wines perfectly.

As I mentioned my husband and I are wine novices but we know a great wine when we have one as well as a great wine tour. Far Niente is not one to miss!!!

2 Thank SusanNorm

palm beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Miss!!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Far Niente was one of the highlights of our trip to Napa Valley. Walt, our tour guide, was amazing!!!! The grounds are breathtaking and the car collection a must see. The tour and tasting is $50- but well worth it. I normally pay $45 a glass for the Dolce and that wine is included along with about 5 others. You'll easily taste a couple of hundred dollars worth of wine if you purchased it by the glass.
Walt loves wine and his career and it shows. He gets you personally involved in the wine. I know that every time we have Far Niente at home- we'll be remembering this special tour!

Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One of the greatest places on earth!”
Reviewed 9 November 2005

We took one day out of San Fran. and rented a luxury car for the day. This was the highlight of our vacation. Napa is beautiful in November. Very laid-back yet upscale county atmosphere. Far Niente was an awsome tour! The property, the bulidings, the aroma in the air and the car collection were outstanding! Yes, the wine was excellent as well.

We had breakfast at the Bouchon Bakery, lunch at Market in St. Helen (go for the fried chicken) and dinner at Mustards. All were outstanding!

I can't wait to go back for a Napa-only vacation!