“Such a great weekend”
Review of Inn at Occidental

Inn at Occidental
Ranked #1 of 1 Occidental B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Occidental is such a great place to relax! The best part is always our stays at The Inn at Occidental!
This is our "go to" when we need to escape The City... Nothing like snuggling up in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine! We always request a different room...all are great! Our last room had French doors off the garden....absolutely magical!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have stayed at the inn three times now. Each time the owners great me as an old friend, ask about my family and help to organize the perfect trip. It is a little expensive but fully worth the cost. I will keep returning and bringing my friends with me. Recommend the leaf room:)

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The Inn at Occidental, run by innkeepers Tina and Jerry Wolsborn, is one of the best B & B's I've ever stayed in. The Inn itself is beautiful and beautifully decorated, in a beautiful setting surrounded by redwoods. All the rooms are private, and each has its own designer theme. The rooms are spacious and well-equipped; the beds are comfortable; and the inn is very quiet. And yet the entire town of Occidental is in walking distance, and that includes several excellent restaurants, various shops and at least two grocers.

The "breakfast" part of the B & B at the Inn at Occidentalis really wonderful, with a different gourmet breakfast every day. Cookies and coffee are available throughout the day, and there is a wine and cheese happy hour every afternoon.

Jerry and Tina are experienced and thoughtful innkeepers. You will feel welcome, at home and coddled throughout your stay. If you have any special requirements, they will make every effort to accommodate them. When I first stayed with them two years ago, there was a brief power outage. Even though the rooms are equipped with plenty of lanterns for emergencies, Jerry and Tina were out distributing extra lanterns all around the outside of the inn when I arrived home that evening, making sure that all the walkways and stairways were well lit for late returning guests.

When I stayed with Jerry and Tina this last summer, I found they had installed TVs in every room. For those who can't bear to be separated from their favorite shows, this will be a plus. But I attend a nearby music workshop every summer, and I personally look forward to the wonderful peace and quiet the Inn provides after a long day of making wonderful music in the redwoods.

I can't recommend the Inn at Occidental, and innkeepers Tina and Jerry, highly enough. My stays have been worth every penny. I will be returning in the summer of 2014. I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have stayed here several time. We like it because they have a package deal with the Osmosis spa. We have also take family here for their anniversary. The theme rooms are fun and the breakfast is always very good. The staff is also very friendly.

Room Tip: We really like the theme rooms. Be sure to look online to see what is available because certain room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Thanks to the proprietors for providing everything needed for a wonderful stay. Welcome wine reception, hot breakfast, cookies at midnight and comfortable beds, linens, rooms - for a romantic evening away from the Bay! Birthday cake and dog friendly, we will be back to enjoy another wonderful night sometime soon!

Room Tip: request a quiet room if you like to sleep in. Ours shared a wall with the washer and dryer - woke t...
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I have been coming to the Inn at Occidental for nearly three decades. We have our favorite rooms and yet all the rooms are lovely! We love the spaciousness and the oversized tubs. The Breakfasts and the breakfast room are the loveliest way to begin your day! The cookies, coffee tea service and wine reception are lovely touches. The owner's and staff are gracious and helpful. Each time we return there is a new restaurant to try and always tasty!
Osmosis and the Redwood Zipline experience down the road are "must do's"! The hardware store is classic and worth a visit! Both spiritual and historical the town of Occidental is a small piece of heaven for a night or two when paired with a stay at The Inn at Occidental. Put it on your "bucket list"! S&D, Santa Barbara, CA

Room Tip: Our Favorite is Sonoma Lodge, Wine Country and Folk Art rooms in that order!
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

One of the nicest bed and breakfasts I have stayed in. Excellent service and detail oriented from the personalized letter on the bed to the bottle of champagne for our anniversary. My girlfriend and I stayed in Room 7 and it was perfect. The extra large spa tub was simply amazing. We didn't want to leave the room! The praline french toast was by far the best breakfast I've ever had at a hotel. Highly recommended!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Occidental
Bodega Bay Lodge
#2 of 3 in Jenner
Valley Ford Hotel
Valley Ford Hotel
#1 of 1 in Valley Ford

Been to Inn at Occidental? Share your experiences!