“Good standard Italian-American food”

Negri's Original Italian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Occidental
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Sacramento, California
“Good standard Italian-American food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Service was good. Food was pretty good standard Italian-American food (minus the calamari steak). Ambience is alright.

Visited January 2014

Brentwood, California
“morris8”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Good food, pleasant atmosphere, very friendly and accommodating staff. You can expect a pleasant chat with the owner, who wants to make sure everyone is satisfied with the food and the service.

• Visited October 2013
Danville, California
“Three generations of tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We are in Occidental a lot but haven't eaten at Negri's. I assumed it was old fashioned and tired because of how long it has been there. What a pleasant surprise on many levels. First, our waitress, who is a student at Sonoma State, was such a doll. Service was great. Seeing members of the family working there was fun; everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. There are so few places left that have a history like this. The wine was good; the meal was delightful. Very old fashioned Italian with minestrone soup, antipasto, salami, good bread, very good salad, pasta and main course. My ravioli were tasty and my husband's lasagne was excellent. He is Italian and especially appreciates this kind of food and service. It is simply a feel good place, not gourmet cuisine, but a good place to hang out. Apple fritters rounded out the meal and took me back to when I was 8 years old and my family brought me here for the same kind of dinner. Really fun!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank marjorie v
Orange, California
“More than you can eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

If you feel like stuffing yourself, this is the place. Family style Italian, with I don't know how many courses, they just keep coming. Antipasto was great, and by the time I got to my entre, I was stuffed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank terrywaldon
San Jose
“The best garlic bread I've had in years!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We were staying in Windsor for a few days and my dad wanted to go to Occidental for dinner. He remembered there were a couple good restaurants there and we settled on Negri's. What a nice experience! The food was good and plentiful, served family style. The service was very friendly and attentive. We each had a full meal which came with soup, salad, and antipasto, in addition to our entrees. We ended up taking a lot of our entrees home since there was so much food. If you go, be sure to get their garlic bread. It was probably the bet I've ever had!

• Visited August 2013