“Check the ATVs and insist on getting a ride if you don't drive a 4WD”

Arnie's ATV Rentals
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Oceano
More attraction details
Owner description: We rent ATV's (All Terrain Vehicles i.e.: quads) for riding on the former Pismo Dunes (Oceano Dunes State Vehicle Recreation Area today.) At Arnie's visitors will find a rare opportunity to tour one of the largest coastal sand dune ranges in the world. Arnie's ATV Rentals is located on the Central Coast of California - and provides you with a way to see the dunes up close and personal!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Check the ATVs and insist on getting a ride if you don't drive a 4WD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Super friendly staff at the front desk, and at the kiosk (except that the kiosk guy reeked of cigarette smoke).
The ATVs weren't exactly in the best of shape, but they worked and didn't break down.
They were also hesitant to give a ride to the location on the beach and insisted I drive my vehicle down to it. That decision almost cost me $500 as my vehicle almost got stuck in the sand! Driving the car on the wet sand is fine but you have to park in the dry sand.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Adi6
ArniesATV, Manager at Arnie's ATV Rentals, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
You are right rental ATV’s sure do look different than ATV’s stored in the garage and brought out a few time of the year for use. Ours are used multiple times a day everyday of the year. We strive to keep our fleet in good working condition.
This is an off road beach – and our trucks are not four-wheel drive and we transport them everyday hauling the trailers full of ATV’s down onto the beach and sometimes we forget that customers are not as confident in their skills while driving on the sand. Please next time just let us know that you need a transport and we will be happy to arrange that for you. -Connie

Folsom, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Rude receptionist”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We saw the reviews in tripadvisor and visited the place...the lady at the desk was very confrontational and especially rude to customers who were calling up on the phone.
We wanted to ask if along with the ATV rental, they would take us to the beach but she kept demanding "Why cant you drive out there?My boss does it all the time"..We couldn't take our car out there..She could have just said we don't have such a service..
We ran away and went next door ..
I get that Arnie's gets a lot of customers but service should be pleasant..

Visited December 2013
3 Thank argees
While you did not ride with Arnie’s ATV Rentals back in December 2013 I wanted to let you know we strive for customer service. We know first impressions are so important – I am sorry yours was not good. I cannot talk about the conversation you over heard – I can apologize for it making you ill at ease. We do offer the service of transports for our customers daily down to our trailer on the beach. Should you decide to actually try Arnie’s ATV Rentals – then please let us know you need a transport and we will arrange one for you. Thank you for your informational review. -Connie
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Very efficient, brought us out to the dunes, gave us the lowdown on safety and precautions. They had a variety of ATVs. For us a family of 5 they fit us perfectly. The dunes were amazing and went on for miles. We drove up the coast for 12 days and this was the family highlight.

Visited August 2013
ArniesATV, Manager at Arnie's ATV Rentals, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
We know we live in paradise - and happy you were able to experience out dunes up close and personal with Arnie's. thank you for visiting with us - we do look forward to seeing yu again real soon.
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Rented from Arnie's ATV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

The staff was helpful at Arnie's! We had a fun day using ATV's in the dunes! A whole new experience for us!

Visited July 2013
Thank you fo much for visiting with us we do look forward to seeing you again soon ...
fremont,ca
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful ATV experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had picked Arnie for our first ATV rental, 'cause I saw they have ATVs geared for kids as young as 6 year old. The old lady in the office is really knowledgeable and friendly. We had the last appointment time 4:30PM, the lady even called me to notify me that there are ATVs available earlier so that we can start early. I will definitely go back. It was tons of fun, even my youngest had great fun.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank TravelMoreWorld
ArniesATV, Manager at Arnie's ATV Rentals, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for allowing Arnie's ATV to be part of your adventure out here on the Pismo Dunes. Hope to see you again soon ... Connie