“A fun night out!”

Great American Melodrama and Vaudeville
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Oceano
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A group of us went to the melodrama last night-it was the usual fun. :) Our cheeks always are aching at the end from all the smiling and laughing. The entertainment is great, especially for the price. We have never been disappointed. The vaudeville review is always funny. If you want good down home entertainment, this is the place. Definitely worth the money. My husband complained at first because I purchased side seats-didn't make a difference as we all had a great view (the theater is very small). A local beer (Firestone-ick), blue moon, and others on tap. A couple of generic wines. Baked potatoes, popcorn, etc for the eats. You can't go wrong here.

There are newer reviews for Great American Melodrama and Vaudeville

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Melodrama has had a string of funny (goofy) shows and backs them up with old fashioned vaudeville type entertainment. It's VERY informal. A negative is that you sit at tables which are crammed very close together. Greasy food is available at a counter during the interval.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our family enjoyed the recent play at the melodrama. The talent is exceptional. Everyone had a great time! We had had dinner so we only had drinks and dessert. The cookies were yummy. The atmosphere is so much fun. Highly recommend this for a great family evening of entertainment. The kids (10 and 14) loved it too. :)))))

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I love the Oceano Melodrama, however, we recently attended a performance and I felt that the piano player overwhelmed the actor's voices and seemed out of tune at times. The performers do a great job, especially the man who doubles as the MC and the fantastic actress named Hailey.
This is always a fun place to go, but I think this particular show was a bit "off". I know the actors have great voices, we just couldn't hear them very well. What a shame.
Also, I think next time I am going to pack a sandwich. Terrible food, but if you are a meat eater, probably ok. The actors serve the food in a cafeteria style and they sing while they serve you. Very down to earth and casual place.
If you book seats, and cannot climb stairs, ask for the lower areas. Stairs are not too many.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Have been here several times over the years. I have not been disappointed once!
This is a great place to celebrate a birthday, or anniversary! My kids have always enjoyed the shows as well! We love how the performers also serve up at the snack bar! A great place for lots of entertainment! Remember to take extra $$ to tip the performers! They deserve it!

2  Thank Lorraine B