“Magnificent views!”

Fresno, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Magnificent views!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The guides were great and the ride was beautiful. My friends and I came into town from Fresno just to ride horses on the beach for a unforgettable experience. We had an unbelievably fun ride and the pace was perfect. We rode in single file so it was safe! I myself have rode horses all around then U.S and this place was by far the safest! The horses were good and gentle yet still alive and playful. I was matched to the best horse for me and was very pleased! When we got back the other group did not leave a tip! I over heard them say we should have had running and been able to get side by side.. I tipped $20 because I know the correct gratuity which you should leave for the trail guides as I have been on multiple horse rides. I completely understand how much those guides work and the amount of labor they are required to do just so we can have the experience we have always dreamed of. Aka riding horses isn't like motor vehicles they don't go and stop when u ask like a motor vehicle would they are living animals and have there own minds. For the record running on horses is not as smooth as you think. Side by side would be stupid and you would most likely end up with a hoof in your face and some injuries if they let u do what everyone always seems to ask to do which is run or get side by side! With my knowledge of horses and having been on multiple rides thank you to all the guides who made sure we were safe And thank you for providing a great and peaceful ride for my friends and I. We will be back!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Kennidyrider01

Durham, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took the one hour trail whilst visiting the area, he has never ridden before and I have had many English style riding lessons in the past but hadnt rode a horse in a good few years. We had great fun, my husband was especially surprised as he was quite nervous and only agreed to the trail ride as I have always wanted to ride on the beach. The trail was easy to follow, the horses were well behaved and clearly know the routine. Our guide was friendly, chatty and very personable. We only wish we had Western style riding in England!

Visited September 2013
Sacramento, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Ride at your own risk”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I WAS INJURED DURING THIS RIDE!! If you value your safety or your family's safety read this review. The sign over the front door said ride at your own risk and I should have turned around and left.

Short story: My horse was on death's door and kept lagging and then running to catch up. My butt and private parts have black and red angry bruises and i can barely walk. I look like an abuse victim.

Long Story: My best girlfriend and I went as part of our Pismo vacation. We arrived a little early and hung out looking at some sad looking horses saddled up and waiting. The party of 7 right before us returned and said the horses had gotten spooked and one person was thrown. Should have requested a refund. They assigned us all horses based on our size and they ended up splitting up me and my friend. She was the front rider and i ended up on Goldie. The gal that helped me into the saddle asked if i had ever ridden before. No. She said the "thought" i would be ok. Goldie kept getting so far behind she had to trot to catch up. She was very stiff and there was a lot of bouncing which was not gentle at all. i was worried she might die out there on the trail she was wheezing so badly. This torture went on for an hour. At one point i was standing in the stirrups because my bottom was so sore. it was awful. My friend at the front had a wonderful time.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank darkbeergirl
Saint Louis, Missouri
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Horse back riding on the beach”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was a lot of fun and family loved it. My two sons and husband have never been horse back riding so I was a little concerned. The horses were so tame and the trail leader was great with her instructions. It was windy and chilly on the beach, but the back trails was a little warmer. I'm glad we dressed in layers.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank love2travel335
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit for many reasons!”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

You are 10 mins from main access to driving onto beach. We stayed here in our 30ft Toy Hauler, the sites were full hook-up, and pet friendly. The locale of this park is fantastic, the access to the dunes--non-motorized vehicles only--was a blessing, only 10 yrds from our site!! The staff were very pleasant and helpful. They had a small games room with pool table. Toilets, next to the sites were outdated, but clean! The ones attached to registration were modern and clean and the showers were roomy. They had a larger than normal accessible toilet area and shower area. Check out was 11am, but because they had nobody coming into our site they let us stay another hour or so, love when customer service and common sense are a partnership. My daughter and I also took the 1 hr horse trek over the dunes and through the vegetation, staff were excellent, loved the horses, they were just a little bit more than some of the lifeless horses you usually get on those types of rides. The sites themselves were typical private site size. Well worth a visit!!

Visited April 2013