“Great find in Oceano”

Sylvesters Burgers
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Oceano
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We really enjoy this burger place. Everything is great, I loved the Turkey Burger and my wife has the Heart Attack Burger via a salad for those gluten free. The onion rings are fresh. The employees and nice and the beer is cold. What more can we ask for.

3  Thank BleednBlu

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were on our way up the coast and were hungry. We saw the sign and stopped.
Little did we know how really good the food was going to be. I enjoyed my
big California burger, but the giant chocolate shake with the strawberry bits in it
was one of the best I've had-- and they make them the old fashioned way, with real
milk! The service was good, too.If you're an occasional carnivore like me, you should take a break from a long drive to enjoy this place. Bruce B Ecord

3  Thank bruce324
Reviewed 22 January 2014

While the burgers are good, they can be a bit "greasy" because they are grilled on a flat top with oil. Also, they need to change their onion ring batter so that it is lighter and crispier and keep their oil at about 375F to keep fryer items from being "greasy." It could be, since they have large crowds at some times, they put the things to quickly through the fryer.

3  Thank DuneDude0071
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The food at the Oceano Sylvesters is just as good as the other Sylvesters. Good location and friendly staff. It's always busy but the wait for food is not long and they serve beer. I always stop for a burger when i'm working is Oceano.

1  Thank KAHNMAN805
Reviewed 31 July 2013

When my family wants a great delicious burger, fries and a shake we head to Sylvester's. We all have our standard same choice that never changes. Guests come to town? We take them to Sylvester's. New co-worker's want a suggestion for food? You guessed it. For my son's 21st birthday we started with Bar b que in Paso. Grazed our way around the county and at 8:30 PM, we ended at Sylvester's. He got a free burger PLUS they let him pick one of several outrageous hats to have his picture in. The food is home cooked as you wait. Juicy beef, dripping as you eat. I always get the Hana burger with pineapple and special sauce. MMMMM!! The fries are thick and fluffy. We get a basket so we don't run out before the burgers are done. Thick freshly blended shakes and malts made to order. NO one leaves hungry. While you wait for your food? Check out the pictures of all the people who have had birthdays or celebrations at Sylvester's TOO funny and there are a LOT!!! Los Osos is getting a McDonald's soon. My question to this is WHY, with Sylvester's in town?

1  Thank piratebrat