Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort
Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$134
US$129
US$122
  • Pool
Best Western Oceanside Inn(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$108
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$133
La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$112
La Quinta
Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$139
ComfortSuites
US$156
US$141
Days Inn Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$90
US$78
US$76
SpringHill Suites San Diego Oceanside/Downtown(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$172
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssky loungetrain noiseocean viewparking passsales pitchsan diegonorth toweroceanside piersales presentationfree underground parkingfull kitchenbedroom deluxeactivity centerwasher and dryerjacuzzi tubruby's diner at the endtimeshare points
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great location for going to the Pier/Beach. We are a timeshare owner and the bedrooms weren't the most roomiest. We stayed in the 2 bedroom. They had lot of activities for families to do which I liked (we went to appetizer night (free), family movie night (free), pizza bingo ($7 per person included pizza, salad, drinks and bingo with prizes), my girls did some crafts in the craft room which ranged from $5-$8). If you are wanting to go to San Diego quite a bit I think you will be disappointed in how long the commute/drive is to downtown. We made several trips and the drive/traffic was exhausting. We did take the Amtrak one day to downtown to go on a whale/dolphin watching excursion and that was nice and only a few blocks from resort (family of 4 it was $54 one way). The Amtrak train comes through quite a bit so that was a little annoying at times. Shops, movie theater and dining spots are within walking distance so that is nice. I wasn't so thrilled with the beach itself - dark gray/almost black sand (sort of gross). The pier had a nice restaurant at the end of it (Ruby's) and you do get to see some great sunsets from this spot! We have stayed at Harbour Lights downtown in the past (their sister resort) and I much preferred that so we could walk everywhere. We picked this spot so my kids could be close to the beach. One thing that was upsetting to me was when we checked in they asked for a credit card for incidentals. Nothing said of anything being charged. The next morning I look at our account and they debited $150 from our account (nothing was ever said about charging our card). I went back to service desk to complain on a Sunday - took until Tuesday to remove hold from our debit card. I think when a family especially is on vacation these things need to be CLEARLY stated before you go charging someone's card $150 and not tell them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Hello and thank you for your comments! I am pleased to read that you took advantage of the many activities we have to offer on site! We strive to offer fun things to do for all ages.

It is unfortunate that many of the winter tides eroded the sand from our local beaches, but each spring the harbor to the north of us is dredged with the sand being placed back on the beaches near the pier. In fact, the pipes are being set up today.

Most concerning though is that we did not clearly communicate the $150 incidental hold we place. It is standard practice for hotels and resorts to request a security deposit for incidentals. When a credit card is used, it truly is a hold. It sounds like a debit card was used in your case and it is true, the monies are deducted from the account. We should be requesting credit cards rather than debit cards, so I do apologize for that. I will certainly share your comments with the Guest Services team and reiterate the importance of clearer communication.

We hope that you visit us again in the near future; my favorite time here is in September. The weather is beautiful and the summer crowds have returned home.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a family spring break trip with three kids (ages 6, 9, & 10). We stayed for 4 nights and really lived each moment. The property is beautiful; recently remodeled and well-kept. So close to the beach we were literally in the water in less than 3 minutes.

Within walking distance to too many restaurants to name (we liked Hello Betty's across the parking lot), quick mart, and shopping... Movie theater close by too, in case you need something to do on a rainy day.

While you're there, definitely plan on eating at Zig Zags which is located downstairs in the Wyndham. Excellent pizza and incredible salads!!

The property has a nice workout room and beautiful pool and spa. Another cool touch is the Sky Lounge up on the 7th floor - great place to watch the sun set - available for all guests.

The staff is very helpful and super friendly. The concierge helped us make our whale watching reservations (discounted price, excellent boating company/cruise) and hooked us up with a discount for wet suit rentals too.

Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank NikiArizona
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Hello Niki!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, you touched on the many highlights of the resort and community, even my favorite place on property, the 7th floor Sky Lounge. I hope you also had a chance to take part in one of our many activities hosted by our Team in the Activities Center on the second floor.

I hope you also were able to enjoy the Oceanside harbor, just a mile north of us. Another great place to enjoy dining, fishing or whale watching excursions or an afternoon out enjoying the harbor on a kayak or paddle board.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

Enjoy your travels,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

What more can one say? This facility is just across the street from the pier and the beach. The resort was immaculately clean and well furnished. The two bedroom unit's south facing balcony had an OK view of the ocean; and the sunset view from the 7th floor lounge was nothing short of fantastic.

There is free underground guest parking at the resort. There is Amtrak and commuter rail lines a couple of blocks away, but no one escapes the train horns in Oceanside. But the noise is considerably lower on the weekends.

Room Tip: Handicapped accessible rooms with roll-in showers are available.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hello Southwest Nomad!

We are pleased to read about your great experience here in Oceanside! Thanks for mentioning that you can't get away from the trains while in the city! You are right; any coastal resort just two blocks from a station will hear them all of the time. They are great way to travel the coast! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the 7th floor Sky Lounge, my favorite place on property! We also host a variety of activities for all ages, so if you didn't get a chance to take part in them this visit, please be sure to visit our Activities team on your next visit.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience; we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We walked in off the street and got a room for the night. The resort is in a nice position on the seafront, though our room at the back overlooked the town and the railway line, which at least allowed me to train spot. No complaints about this, though, as I was a late, unexpected arrival. Its guests are mainly timeshare owners, of course, though why anyone would want to tie up capital in a timeshare always beats me. The room was small but well-furnished and with a nice bathroom. The lobby was huge, but rather cold and impersonal, and the staff at the various front desks ranged from sweet and lovable (she was female) to rude and arrogant (he wasn't). If I'm in Oceanside again, I hope the new Marriott Springhill Suites nearby has been completed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UKPeripatetic
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your comments as well as giving us a try. You are right; we are a timeshare resort with dedicated hotel rooms on the city side of the building and some one and two bedroom rooms available for rent to the public. It sounds like the room met your expectations yet our service fell short. Service is something we pride ourselves in so I will definitely share your comments with our associates. I do apologize.

If you do decide to give us another try, please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Happy travels,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our family of 4 visited California for the 1st time this February for Presidents week break. The resort was outstanding with great customer service. People here are relaxed with smiles on their faces. This time of the year this resort did not seem to be crowded at all. Also there was work done on the outside of the resort, like painting and stucco repairs.It was pretty cold week and it was windy. Therefore children went to the pool only once when it was warmer. But water in the pool is warm e.g. 78 degrees. That's why it's only cold when you get out of it. Maintenance workers vacuumed and cleaned the pool every morning. I could see them out of our windows. Speaking of which there were plenty of them in our 2 bedroom unit on 6th floor. We had beautiful ocean view on 1 side of the unit and city views from our balcony. The kitchen had all the utensils you'll ever need. We went to Walmart for some groceries and and cooked in our unit couple of times. There was buffet breakfast on Sunday for $8.00 /person. I think it was overpriced for the lack of selections. There were literally 4 things to eat: some fake scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes that you had to wait to be made and couple of yogurts with granolas. I think we would've had better breakfast at the unit from groceries we bought from Walmart which we did on following days. On Friday there was a Fiesta night which was free, but there were barely any people there and the food was also limited to few choices . There was also some Spanish music playing on someones i-pod. It was not very festive. The best thing I liked was the Market that was on Thursday. There were a lot of interesting things sold there and plenty of food prepared. We were busy for the most part of the week and did not even have a chance to walk to the pier or go to the 7th floor where I read there was a Sky-lounge with panoramic views. What a shame!! I still feel sorry that we did not make time to get there.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at Oceanside and I would go there in a flash if it would not be for long flight from New York.

Room Tip: Try to request ocean view room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angy0928
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Hello! Thank you for your candid comments! I am pleased to hear what a wonderful time you and your family had in Oceanside! Your comments about our activities are appreciated and will be shared with the team. We just introduced a new activities guide filled with a variety of new activities and some old favorites with a new twist (in fact, we are changing our Sunday morning Pancake Breakfast a bit). When you do return, please be sure to check out the Sky lounge, it is my favorite place on property with panoramic views of the coast line. Only a mile North of us is the Oceanside Harbor, another fun family oriented place to enjoy. There are more beaches, paddle board, kayak and jet ski rentals or take a day trip to spot a whale or to go ocean fishing.

We look forward to your next visit. If there is anything we can do to help plan your next stay, please feel free to give me or any team member at the resort a call.

Happy Vacationing!