WorldMark Oceanside Harbor
US$200
Residence Inn
Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$154
US$188
US$155
Days Inn Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$134
SpringHill Suites San Diego Oceanside/Downtown(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$206
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$125
ComfortSuites
La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$95
La Quinta
Best Western Oceanside Inn(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$98
US$100
Southern California Beach Club(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
US$244
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmurphy bedkiddie poolbasketball courtoceanside harborjoe's crab shackparking lotregular poolfoot deep pooltie dyemaster bedroomlarger poolplay groundlarge jacuzzisan diegorestaurants and shopsvideo gamessales rep
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Let me begin my review with an acknowledgement that we did not use many of the available services, nor did we attend a timeshare presentation or join in any of the social activities they provide. My review is based strictly on the resort staff, our room, location, and parking.

Staff: They were fantastic. I was greeted promptly upon arrival, we had no issues with our reservation, and all of my interactions with the hotel staff were of a positive nature. There were no unexpected fees (resort fees seem to be en vogue, I cannot stand the mere thought of paying extra to use the pool when I've already paid to stay there) and the room was spotless on arrival. We did not opt to attend the timeshare presentation, so i can't comment on that.

Our room: (3128) was about as far from the ocean as you could get, which meant our views were not exactly spectacular (overlooking a parking lot) but we also didn't have any issues with train noise. The freeway was barely audible, but considering it was just a few hundred feet from our bedroom window, it was to be expected. The usual amenities were there, and some that were unexpected like the different spices that were provided for cooking. The balcony had a gas grill which was a nice touch, and the microwave and refrigerator were spotless like the rest of the room. Yes the elevators are incredibly slow, but if a 20 second elevator ride is that big of a deal, you have other issues....

Location: Fantastic!!!! It's a 5 minute walk to the beach, Del Taco, or a gas station. It's right next to I-5 and it's as close as you can get to Camp Pendleton without actually staying there. It's a drive to the airport for sure, but you don't have any plane noise to deal with. It's right next to 76 and is close to 78, basically all the arteries you need to get anywhere are relatively nearby. The resort does not have convenient access to a grocery store, but they do provide a service where they will stock the kitchen prior to your arrival with whatever you want. We aren't well-heeled enough to take advantage of that, but if money isn't an issue for you, definitely take advantage of this service.

Summary: This is an excellent resort, with friendly staff, clean rooms, and garages with gates that did make you feel that your car was safe. The location is excellent so long as you aren't trying to use it as a jumping off point for further destinations like Disney or Sea World. it is very close to LegoLand though. While I have been to resorts that better suited me and my family, I don't know of many resorts that are better than this on the CA coast for less money. I can't see any reason to tell someone to avoid this resort unless the location itself doesn't suit your needs, or if you HAVE to be directly on the beach, though you can expect to pay quite a bit more for that luxury. I would definitely stay at this resort again if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Let the front desk know if train noise is a concern for you and they can situate you farther from the tracks. Just know you will be limiting your oceanviews by doing so.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank hydranthead
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Well done WorldMark!! Thank you for a wonderful stay. Helpful, clean, and enjoyable. Hospitality was not very pushy on sales. Gave us the opportunity to hear about it and left us alone to enjoy our time there. I would love to come back. Maybe as an owner next time:)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed earlier this month with family members that are in the ownership group. No problems with facility and easy access to town (only a few minutes away). Nice pleasant walk through inner harbour and "fishing village" stores and restaurants and you are out on the beach. We were on third floor with room towards water (and train tracks). Train noise was hardly noticable. Other side of building with walkway to rooms and towards freeway seemed to be noisier. One complaint I would have is the relentless soliciting of the family members to attend "free breakfast" sales pitch.

Room Tip: In our opinion, the bedrooms towards beach and train tracks was less noisy than east side facing freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VAN-BC-Traveller
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Just got home from a 5 day stay here. This is the first time we have used our ownership here. I was very impressed. The staff was very friendly and helped us out with all our questions. The room was great as always. Standard Worldmark. Fully updated and painted. I was worried about the sound of the train and the Interstate, but we were not bothered at anytime and had the door open most of the time while there. The walk to the beach is safe and very quick. I really enjoyed the walk past the harbor. The locals are very friendly and we talked to everyone we ran into. The beaches there are great. Clean and very safe. It rained for 2 days while we were there but that didn't stop anyone. The surfers were out in full force. The bikers, runners, walkers...everyone! What a great place to visit! I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank needthevaca
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Travelling with my parents, niece and nephew, my husband and our 2 kids. We booked 2 two bedroom apartments for 8 nights. We had so much space and after travelling from Australia and NZ the extra space and quiet rooms helped us get over the jet lag a lot quicker. My parents couldn't believe how great the rooms were. We had a fantastic time travelling to Lego land, Sea world and we also took advantage of the shopping nearby. A friend who is a local to the area took us on a tour of San Diego. I don't think I even noticed the trains and the walk to the beach was pleasant. We loved being able to cook as restaurants for 8 get way to expensive.
Pool and hot tub were great.
I would recommend this place for everyone. Left here to stay in Anaheim for another 7 nights.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family