“St. Patricks Day Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tehachapi, California
“St. Patricks Day Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I am the Director Of Sales at a Holiday Inn Express in Southern California. I stayed at this hotel for two nights around St.patricks day. And I loved it! I have stayed at quite a few IHG hotels and this had the best service yet. The employees I interacted with were amazing, (Lisa and Emily). They in my opinion are excellent employees and I wouldn't mind working with them myself.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Found this hotel, whilst on a road trip, and intented to stay one night. From the minute we walked through the door we experienced first class service. Ended up changing our plans and staying 3 nights. Great location for the marina side of Oceanside, and only a short walk from the beach.
The staff were friendly, and professional at all times.
On arrival we had a little problem working the in room safe, in less than 5 minutes the issue was resolved by a very friendly maintenance man (sorry can't remember his name). Laura on reception, Taj and Emily in the bar, and Geoffrey the General Manager excelled in customer service, and made the trip to Oceanside an enjoyable experience. We would love to return to the area one day, and the only hotel to stay would be this one.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I travel a lot and in I have seen my share of hotels. I wasn't expecting much but I was very surprised with how friendly the staff was. The hotel is pretty new and the beds were comfy. Not to mention the location is spot on! The oceanside harbor is a lovely place for families and traveling folks. I want to thank Geoff particularly for the amazing customer service! You WILL be seeing me again.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I travel a lot on business throughout the Country with the majority being to Southern California. I have stayed at almost every major hotel chain to include, Hilton, Weston, Sharaton, Marriott, etc. There is no hotel that can match what I’ve experienced at this Holiday Inn here in Oceanside. From the “funky” architectural design of its exterior, to the extremely convenient parking, to the cool music playing as you enter the lobby. It is a tremendous first impression that has become lasting. I have spent over two months at various times staying here throughout the past year and it has become a home-away-from-home.

The main reason I value this hotel so much is the staff. Every single individual I engage is exceedingly polite and this spirit flows throughout the entire establishment. Talk about outstanding management, you’ll find it here as it is obvious in the manner in which the entire staff conducts themselves. Each individual seems to take ownership of their duties and displays a genuine pride in the hotel as a whole.

The hotel is still pretty new and boasts some great accommodations. The rooms are very trendy and are perfect for the family on vacation or the business traveler. Attractive and modern furniture make the rooms very relaxing and the office chair and desk are a hit when I have those “go back to the room to finish my work until after 11:00 pm” kind of nights. Another great thing is that they really thought things through with the wet bar and the more than sufficient placement of electrical outlets. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to dig behind the bed and unplug a lamp or the alarm clock just to charge my cell phone. Not at this place.

I am happy to write this review because I really am proud of this establishment and the people who make it great. Breakfast and dinner are always a hit for those staying here and I often hear others making positive remarks regarding the hotel and the staff. Go downstairs for a drink in the evening and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

As a final note, the hotel is a simple one mile walk to Downtown Oceanside and the pier and less than five minutes to the Marina where you will also find a plethora of bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice.
1 Thank Joseph S
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Joe, you are a tremendous person and we thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor world! We really hope that your travels bring you back to our hotel again soon because everyone misses you tremendously and we all can't wait to welcome you back again soon.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Holiday Inns world-wide do a good, consistant job at quality, which is one reason I often choose Holiday Inns. They are the Starbucks of the hotel world - you know what you are getting before you walk in, and you know it's going to be good. The Oceanside Holiday has the standard good quality and friendly, helpful staff. They are a 3 minute walk to the harbor and a 6 minute walk to the beach. Their shower was great. I would go back. Their restaurant is forgetable.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean View - not trailer park view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
We send a big "Tripple-Venti" thank you for sharing your experience and letting us know where our opportunity for improvement lies. Next time you are in the area, we will be here - just a short walk to the harbor and beach! "Thank you for shopping Holiday Inn" :-)
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

During my stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina, I found my stay to not only memorable but breathtaking. I really enjoyed the over sized showers. Each encounter with each employee was friendly and I found all of them to be professional and personable. I have recommended this particular hotel to many family and friends in our travels to Southern Cali.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Xaun50
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and hope that your travels bring you back to our area again so that we have the pleasure to serve you again soon! Best regards and thank you for your loyalty.
Paducah, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I lived here for a month and have nothing but praise. I am a doctor who has stayed at many nice 5 star hotels in the past. This hotel easily is one of the best in area for gov travelers. The service is excellent. Geoffrey the GM is very attentive to any needs. The bar is unbelievable. You will get top notch service and generous drinks. It makes living away from home much easier. Toj, Emily, Ashley are all excellent. Breakfast is great, especially when you get a $12 government breakfast voucher. The restaurant Aryana is really good. If you get a CNA choose here! You won't be disappointed. The only thing they need to add is a scanner and copier, but they will do this for you at the front desk if you ask.

1 Thank Btraveler234
Brett, THANK YOU for taking the time to share your experience with us... We are all so glad that we were able to be a comfortable "home away from home" while you were in the Oceanside / Camp Pendleton area! Toj, Emily, Ashley, and the rest of the staff really appreciate you commending their service - it really means a lot to us. Scanning and Faxing things for you is just our excuse to interact with you more, but we will definitely take your suggestion into consideration for future upgrades and improvements to the hotel. We all have our fingers crossed that you get a CNA on your next visit so we have the opportunity to serve you again.