“Best secret (not anymore) in north San Diego coast”

Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I've stayed at this hotel over a half dozen times. It continues to surprise me as to how nice the staff is and what a great value this property is in an area that is usually pretty expense.
Rooms are immaculate - have lots of space and include a large updated flat screen HD-TV
Its one of the nicest (and affordable) 3star properties. Highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
OCNPC, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Ronald,
Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel and taking the time to share your opinion about the property with the TripAdvisor community. We look forward to keeping your experience excellent (Note: those fancy HDTV's are in the process of being packed with about 60+ new HD channels so within the next month your TV experience will get even better!)

Hurry back again soon.
Best Regards,

Geoffrey Parkford
Holiday Inn Oceanside Marina

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Lead by Mr. Parkford, General Manager, the whole team makes sure every need is addtessed. Outststanding venue for business or pleasure. Business center services a plus. Internet access speed is consistently good too. Walking distance to the beach and Harbor at Oceanside.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before. The staff are very courteous and helpful. On this trip there was some confusion with my reservation (reserved through Orbitz). The front desk staff were very helpful and kind. The hotel is located close to I-5 and access to the highway is quite easy.

The room I stayed in was large and comfortable( 2 queen size beds). The room included a small refrigerator, which is helpful for me because I usually need one for beverages and food. The shower is huge!

One of the reasons I chose this hotel, (I come to Oceanside frequently to visit my son who is a Marine), is that it had the lowest rate in the area for the time I was going to be here. It was an easy decision because I had been here before and like the hotel location, rooms, and service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel on a whim when we couldn't see the rooms (or anything else!) at the Wyndham Oceanside Resort. They were very unaccommodating. Our GPS led us to this hotel, how fortuitous! The hotel is almost new and very modern with very nice rooms and an outstanding shower. The staff was especially friendly and the General Manager, Geoffrey Parkford was the most accommodating of all, very helpful and friendly.
We extended our stay instead of heading back to San Diego and had no regrets. The restaurant was open for breakfast and dinner only, but we found the "Happy Hour" appetizers to be a meal and very enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Claus M
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We had a great time staying at the Holiday Inn in Oceanside. We were walking distance from the Harbor and were able to enjoy the nice weather, beach, and great sunset views. The staff were very pleasant and help. Our room was modern and very clean. Since this was a "staycation" - we did spend time lounging and watching movies - lucky there was a great big television. We were also able to access the Oceanside nightlife nearby on Mission just off the Coast Highway. A short drive gave us many options of dining - however, we landed back at the Hotel and ventured to the nearby Harbor for drinks and dinner. Our stay was relaxing and it was just the break we needed.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed having a corner room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dsam79
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We chose this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews, and they were right. It's close to restaurants at the harbour - which is a pleasant 10-minute walk from the hotel. Convenient access to the pier, highway, Carlsbad, La Jolla, and the rest of the area. Our room was large, quiet, clean and comfortable. Jeff at the front desk was really friendly. Reservations staff was also helpful and personable when we called to book. Thanks!

Room Tip: I don't think you'd get a bad room here, really. It's not too close to the railway - the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank InTheMuskokas
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I had about 10 family members come into town recently and they were treated very well and I really appreciate that. They loved their rooms and room service. The view was lovely and the beds were comfy. They loved walking around the harbor and enjoying the happy service they received from Geoff and his staff. My grandmother has kept saying "I like that young man" Thanks Geoff and supporting staff for making my family feel at home.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family