“great location and value”

Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sheridan, Wyoming
“great location and value”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews and location to Camp Pendleton. I admit that I did have a bit of trouble finding the hotel in the dark, and not paying enough attention to the exit signs - I ended up in one of 4 lanes into Camp Pendleton. But after a slight detour I located the hotel with help from a very kind marine. The hotel is in a funny middle of the block location without any over the building signage, plus you enter the hotel from what first appears to be a parking garage. After all that, I was pleasently surprised with the rest of my experience at the hotel. My room was very, very large, with nice furniture and great beds. I would have loved a room this size when I traveled with my children. The exercise room met my needs, and the pool area looked fine too. I was surprised that breakfast wasn't encluded, but they do have a small resturant and bar. Also, there is a Denny's about a half block away. The hotel is located very close to the marina and not very far from the beach. All within walking distance or a short drive away. The main gate to Camp Pendleton is about a block away and the freeway entrance is across the street. I think that this hotel is a little gem. I enjoyed my stay so much, that I ended up staying another night four days later and I was just as impressed as during my first night there. On both my stays, the front desk person was so helpful and friendly. I will definelty stay here again when I return in a few months, and I wouldn't have any reservations about recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: pay attention to directions and exit lanes when coming from San Diego- especially at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
OCNPC, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed both of your stays with us, and we appreciate you taking the time to recommend us! We look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was my first visit to Oceanside and my first stay at The Holiday Inn. I know people who have stayed here before who have recommended it to me so I thought I would give it a go and I'm so glad I did! The hotel is very well maintained, the rooms are a good size and tastefuly decorated, the beds are SUPER DUPER comfy and the staff are very helpful and obliging. Did I mention that the beach is pretty much a stones throw away! The lady at the front desk (I think her name was Joanne) was assisting me with my check in and provided me with alot of helpful information. She even gave be a beach bag with towels and water bottles and clear instructions on how to access the beach which is about a 5 minute walk away. She has a pretty good idea of where to go and what to do seeing as I think she is originally from Australia of all places! During my stay I had breakfast there, snacks and drinks at the bar and each time the service I received was second to none and the food was of a good standard. There's free wifi, tea & coffee in the lobby and a gym with just enough equiptment. I know for sure that next time I am around I'm definately staying here again! Don't overlook this place, its a little hidden treasure filled with friendly helpful staff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Meiling T
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you! We will let Joanne know! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and service.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My family and I were driving through the area at about midnight and did not have a place to stay. I called the hotel and the desk person was extremely helpful and stated that she had rooms that would accommodate four people. We told here we would be there shortly. When we arrived, the desk person ( I wish I could remember her name but she was working overnight on Friday 10/25) was so helpful and friendly. We had a bottle of wine, which she kindly opened for us and also provided us with glasses. I can not state enough was a pleasure she was. The room was very clean and comfortable. The beds were awesome and the room was also very quiet. I can not wait to stay at this fine facility the next time we pass by

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin M
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your kind words and we will pass on your compliments to Laura. We're happy to hear you had a terrific stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Very nice hotel just off the freeway and near the marina, but bring sandals or flip-flops if you want to dip your feet in the ocean as it is a bit of a walk over a dusty trail and under the train tracks. The desk people were quite nice, and gave us a couple bottles of water free. The DVD player in the room had a USB plug in it, but neither we nor the front desk person could figure out any way to play videos off our Kindles or iPhones (via VUDU). Free wireless, comfy bed, lots of free parking. What more could you ask for? Okay, surfboards and wet suits to rent, but that is really too much to ask. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Redding, California
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I planned our first trip to Oceanside not really knowing the area but thought this hotel looked to be in a good location next to the harbour. We were very, very pleased with our choice! The customer service was top notch and the lobby was decorated very chic and had a very pleasant smell being piped in. I was shocked at how nice our room was for the price. We got a king suite that was set up for handicapped people so very spacious. The bed was very comfortable with lots of fresh, new comfy pillows. We spent a lot of time at the harbour and there was a shortcut in the back of the hotel to get there, that was an easy 5 minute walk. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Candisvaughan
Thank you for your kind feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to recommend us. We're happy to hear you had a great stay and we hope you can come see us again soon.
dfw
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Get past the look of the outside and the trailer park across the street and you will find a gem! The staff is very friendly and helpful. I was given a handicap accessible room with a king size bed and it was very roomy with an upscale look. The view from my 4th floor window was of the rooftop of another part of the building and the hotel next door but the room made up for that. The lobby offers a bar and restaurant opened till 10pm. Drinks were ok and the chowder was quite good. The harbor with a selection of restaurants is right around the corner. Check out the Lighthouse Oyster bar-yummy! The entry ramp to the freeway is around the corner also making it a convenient location.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ladybel
La Selva Beach, California
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I hadn't stayed at this property for about 2 years. My last stay was fine, so I booked again. After a pleasant but routine check-in, the first change I noticed was in the elevator - they had a photo of a dinner item that caught my eye. When I was walking down the hall to my upgraded (thank you!) room, I noticed a laundry cart topped with big fluffy pillows. When I got into my room, there were 4 king size pillows that were new! I have never noticed a new pillow in a hotel room ever - but boy do I notice the old ones that are lumpy and mis-shapen. Now I know what a new pillow looks like. They were in the familiar pillow cases marked soft and firm and were all great. Sorry to go on about pillows, but next to mattresses, they can make or break a good night's sleep. Next I noticed that there was an in room menu. Room service is something they didn't have last time I was here and I remember having to order something to go and schlepping down to the restaurant to pick it up myself. The menu seemed an improvement over the basic fare from my last visit. New pillows (and probably other room upgrades) along with room service and an upgraded menu will ensure that I head back to the Oceanside Holiday Inn again soon!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business