“A truly pleasant surprise!”

Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oakland
“A truly pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I don't know what I was expecting from a Holiday Inn, but I got way more than that. This place is fantastic! Modern, hip, amazingly clean. 30 seconds from the freeway, HUGE rooms with modern, clean lines decor, and the most comfortable beds. They even had a selection of soft or firm pillows! I stayed there for a Legoland trip with my 2 boys (15 minute drive) and it was wonderful. Breakfast every morning in the restaurant (kids ate free) - cereal, eggs, fruit, coffee, bread, and most important - a flat screen TV in the booths so the kids ate quietly. And laundry facilities on each floor, a must with little kids.
We had a great time and I would stay there again in a flash.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank oritvogel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I was a little worried when I "won" this hotel in my Priceline bidding for a hotel in North San Diego County. Oceanside doesn't have the best reputation, especially near the Harbor. I had a great stay. The hotel was just off the freeway, easy to find. The hotel grounds were well kept, very clean. Hotel staff very helpful and friendly. The room was more than I expected. Very clean, nice furniture, big room. Bathroom had a huge tiled shower (no tub) with separate vanity area. There was a refrigerator, micowave and so much storage. I was placed in an "executive" room, so I don't know if all rooms are this sive. I paid (with tax) $62 for the room on priceline. Parking was covered. Bed and linens were so comfortable and room very quiet. Harbor and restaurants are less than ten minute drive away. This was a great value!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ktbmas
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The hotel itself isn't bad, we had a king bed suite and it's actually pretty nice. However, the walls are paper thin in this hotel and you can hear EVERYTHING. My husband came here for work so I tagged along with him so I'm at the hotel majority of the day while he works and I can hear the maids cleaning all the rooms around me... I understand that it's normal to hear a vacuum down the hall or whatever but it sounds like my cieling is going to cave in AND it's not like a regular hotel where they clean for like 2-3 hours and then they're done, they clean from like 8am-4pm. I find that ridiculous! Also, the pool is tiny but they do have a towel rack by the pool incase you forgot yours which is nice. The location isn't all that great either... it's RIGHT off the highway so you can't really walk anywhere except to the harbor behind the hotel but don't be fooled it's not an easy walk... it's uphill and downhill so it's out of the question if you're disabled! There is a hotel that's really close to the harbor, it's behind this one, I would suggest just staying at that one. It's called the Watermark by Wyndam.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, 25 September 2010
Hi Laura, we are glad that you were able to come and stay with us while your husband was here. We are very sorry that you could hear the housekeeping department working during the day, but ensuring that our rooms are the cleanest they can be is our top priority. During your stay in late July/ early August, we were at full capacity almost every day which makes cleaning all of the rooms in under 3 hours not feasible...

We are located approximately 800 yards from the Camp Pendleton main gate and 700 yards to the Beach (and Marina area). The majority of our guests do find our location to be quite convenient to base, the beach, and I-5 to get to the many fun destinations around San Diego county. For guests that are disabled, there is plenty of handicapped-parking available at the harbor and beach.

Just to clarify, the facility that is located behind our hotel is actually called "WorldMark by Wyndam" and is a vacation ownership resort (Time Shares). So unless you are an owner, it is not really an option when staying in this area.

We would like to thank you for sharing your opinions and hope that your husband's travels bring you back to our area again soon!
Richmond, B.C.
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stayed there with our 2.5 y/o and were surprised by the friendly staff and spacious room. Mind you we were expecting horrible service and room since we had just come from Anaheim HolidAy Inn.

Checked in early and staff was very helpful and did i mention friendly??

Spacious room with microwave and mini fridge that was actually cold. Lots of wide spots in the parking lot. Restaurant staff friendly and didn't even charge me for a glass of milk for my son.

Totally recommend this for all travellers.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank captcrash2much
Thank you so much for staying with us - we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. We are sorry to hear that your stay in Anaheim wasn't that great, but are very happy that you enjoyed the service and facilities here in Oceanside. We look forward to your next visit to Oceanside/San Diego and thank you for taking the time to share your opinions on tripadvisor!
Forney
Reviewed 27 June 2010

After being in the Palm Desert area for a few days, we really wanted to get to a cooler spot. Being long time Priority Club members, I found this on their website. I couldn't have been more pleased. From the first call to the reservation desk until we checked out, everyone was friendly and professional. We used points and were given a top floor corner room with an ocean view. After the desert, this was like an oasis. Everything was super clean and modern. We went to the harbor and ate at Harbor Fish and Chips, which we loved. If you're in this area, I highly recommend this location, I have nothing bad to say at all.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ForneyNan
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
We can't say "thank you" enough for choosing to stay with us. Congratulations on your Reward Stay using Priority Club Rewards points - we are glad that your hard-earned points paid off. Please come and visit us (and Harbor Fish and Chips) again soon!
Clinton, Mississippi
Reviewed 27 June 2010

The hotel was comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was nice. The only drawback is the lack of staff. Rooms are not cleaned until 4-5 p.m. (unless you call the front desk). The food in the Hotel is tasty but again the lack of staff is apparent. The staff that is there makes the stay pleasant.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Thanks so much for staying with us during your recent visit. We are very glad that you enjoyed the accommodations and thank you for sharing your comments about our staffing levels. Thanks for complementing the staff as well - come back soon, please!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 22 June 2010

The rooms are all new, granite counters,HD tvs, ipod docks, microwaves and fridges. The staff was excellent, Geoffry, Alex etc. all went above and beyond what you would expect from hotel staff. Geoffry in particular made the extra effort to make our vacation great. Ten min walk to the beach, 15 min. drive to Legoland

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank summertravel999
OCNPC, Manager at Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area, responded to this review, 24 June 2010
Thank you so much for your comments and kudos! We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!