“Great quality at a reasonable price”

Lighthouse Oyster Bar & Grill
Ranked #20 of 396 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This restaurant opened in July 2010.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We recently stayed in Oceanside, and ended up eating here 4 times during our stay. It was that good! Quality & taste was great, and the prices were very reasonable for the area. Stuff sole, scallops and fish tacos were all excellent. The view of the harbor was just icing on the cake. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the owner made us glad we had returned again and again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Everything about this place is great! The location, service, and food are all outstanding!

I had a fresh halibut sandwich with sweet potato fries, my husband had an ahi stack and clam chowder, and my son had calamari tacos. We were all very happy with the food (and beer and mojito).

The harbor area is a lovely place to visit and have a nice meal. We had stopped to look at a menu at one of the other seafood places here, but the Lighthouse had a lot more options.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

On the Sunday of 4th July weekend we visited this restaurant for dinner. We had no reservation and had to wait for an outside table. No problem, we enjoyed a drink at the bar while we waited.

Our table was off to one side but we still had a perfect view of the sun setting over the harbor.

The restaurant must have had a very busy weekend as they were out of oysters and clams!

We chose grilled sea bas and fish and chips. Both were good, but unexceptional. Middle of the road fare, done well enough.

The shortish wine list had some good selections and we enjoyed a Pinot Noir from Monterey region.

Quite good value at not much over $100 for the two of us. We'll be back - and hopefully they'll have oysters next time.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I think this place also caters to the locals as well as visitors, so it's reasonably priced. I had fish tacos at $4 each and could've stuck with an appetizer and ONE taco. We had wine so I don't know about the drinks, but the wine was typically priced at $6-$9 per glass. FANTASTIC service. A little noisy but we ate inside, but they have a beautiful outside seating area as well.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I love this place for Happy Hour....friendly servicers and great views. I love the Lobster Bisque and the calamari. I frequent here.