“Improved Roadway Inn”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel/motel has seen a complete overhaul. Formerly the Guesthouse Inn has seen remodeled rooms, and now has open two very nice conference rooms. If there is any one thing that needs improvement is the Wi-Fi system. Routers are always going down, and at least one room doesn't get a signal at all. (Room 123) The courtesy or club room has a very nice continental breakfast, and has great coffee if your like me, and love coffee. This hotel/motel is next door to Oceanside Harbor, and just across I-5 North Coast Highway from the main gate to Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton.

Room Tip: This Roadway Inn has a section of small bungalow rooms that are cramped, and don't even have a t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 February 2013

The Rodeway Inn is our family secret when traveling to Oceanside. This is the best value if you get the right room, so ask for a room facing the ocean and pay a few more dollars. The hotel is next to the ocean, so that means that it is a little damp and smells like a beach house and we love it! The inn is next to the Oceanside Harbor and Beach. It is far enough for the make the price low, but close enough to walk.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the ocean! I like the second floor for amazing sunset views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Horace M
Reviewed 30 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Carpet felt worn and dirty, I didn't want to remove my shoes. Towels were thin and sheets. The worst was our bathtub would not drain, we had 3 people to shower and the water was up to the top of the tub, the 3rd person had to shower in filthy water! (which still didn't go down by the morning, does that mean the maid didn't clean it before, yuck!) Room 225 was our room. Building was old. We paid $70, so I know what do you expect but we will not return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TammyBetrus
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed here a few years ago and was very disabppointed. Stayed on November 15th and was very impressed. Rooms have been upgraded. Great Staff, As always they are very supportive of 1st Marine Division events.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sgtusmc67
Reviewed 4 August 2012

The room was clean and large but the amenities were old. My son was running in a trail race the next morning so we only stayed one night and it was the closest hotel to the race site we could find. The elevator was very small and we rode with a few very nice English men who smelled like they closed a bar down. The one thing that bothered me is that our toilet was not flushing correctly. When I called the front desk, someone came up and handed my son a plunger and left. Really? (What would Anthony Melchiorri say about that?) We tried the plunger and it wouldn't work anyway so I called the front desk again and they sent someone to fix it. This hotel is a one night stay only. I would be depressed if we'd stayed here our full vacation time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NoBeachInOK
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This place was clean, but when I called Choice Hotels to make a reservation they gave me a terrible run around. The Choice Hotel Reservations would not honor the internet rate for seniors. They said the internet rate was for one person not two. When we got to the hotel we got the stated internet rate from the manager. I subsequently learned that Choice Hotels out sourced their reservations to some place in India. They don't have any idea where in the world you are and they only care about charging you as much as they can get.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family