North Coast Village
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Oceanside)
Beachwood Motel(Oceanside)
View Hotel
All reviewskoi pondhot tubthrough vrborental agencywelcome basketfloor apartmentbuilding cboogie boardswatching surfersresort feelbalboa parkown bathroomgreat unitwinter breaklaundry facilities arebeautiful landscapingmaster bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We have stayed here several times and in different units. Each vacation was outstanding. Great place for a quiet family vacation.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ralefkowitz
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed for a long weekend in C7 and rented through Nili at oceansidebeachvacations.com. The reservation process was smooth and easy and the price for our unit was the best I had found after extensive research through other management companies and VRBO. When we got there our keys were waiting for us and we were ready for our vacation!

We were more interested in ease of getting to the beach than the view, so we chose a bottom unit. From our patio, we were steps from the beach - it was perfect! We were there with our two young children, ages 4 and 6, so it was very convenient to come back and get snacks, potty breaks, etc. The condo had beach towels, sand toys, boogie boards, umbrellas and chairs. Everything we needed for a full, fun day at the beach. The patio was perfect for a nighttime game of cards while the children were in bed.

The condo itself was very nice. Not super elegant, but had everything we needed. Comfortable beds, full kitchen to cook and a nice screen door so we could leave both doors open and get a nice cross ocean breeze.

The complex itself was beautiful. Nice pool (but VERY cold), big hottub, game room, beautiful walking trails. And the location was great. We walked down to the pier one day to watch the fishermen, and walked to the harbor one night for dinner (lots of good restaurants and good happy hour!).

We will definitely be back next year, for hopefully a longer period of time!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sab920
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We have stayed at North Coast Village twice and both times have been excellent. As other reviewers have noted, each unit is owned individually. So, some are in better shape than others. I have always asked for the unit number so I know where it is in the complex and I ask to see current pictures of the unit. We rented both of the units through the VRBO website and they both had very good reviews from past renters which gave me some peace of mind before renting. The units right on the water have an incredible view, but there are a lot of other units that have very decent views. This last unit we stayed in was an upper level condo right on the water and from the balcony you could almost touch the ocean. It was really great. Our unit came with sand toys and boogie boards and I think most owners supply things like that. Our kids are 8, 12 and 14 and we hardly saw them because there were so many things in the complex to keep them busy - the grounds were clean with walking paths and a gorgeous tropical setting. We felt very safe in the area, even walking at night to the pier or to see a movie downtown. For a family beach vacation, this is one of our favorite places.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the ocean the better the view and less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My family and I have stayed four times at North Coast Village condos and highly recommend them to the Trip Advisor community. The condos are individually owned so prices, maintenance, décor, amenities, etc, vary. Only the few units neglected by their owners might get an unfavorable review. ( I do not own and have no association with the condos and I live in Utah.) The website VRBO (vacation rentals by owners) is the best source for finding a unit. VBRO should be in every vacation travelers’ webpage favorite list)

North Coast unit prices vary greatly ( $600 to $3,000 a week) Winter is the cheapest season for all units and summer the highest. Units in the back - street side and units in the middle with little to no ocean views are less expensive. All units have kitchens which is great for families. Seven day stays frequently have 1 day discounts. The indoor units overlook the exceptionally nice landscaping, pool, Koi pond and waterfalls.
I think some ground floor units on the north and south sides are particularly good values. ( Units D 1-14 and E 1- 12) The ground floor units have patios next to the lawns and views to the ocean. Great in-out access for kids And they are hundreds of dollars cheaper a week than the beachfront units.

As an avid nature watcher, the beachfront units are really special. These would be building D, units 1- 14 and Building E, units 1 -12. The ground floor units have patios and lawn just above the sand. Great for kids. The second floor units have balconies overlooking the beach and ocean. You will love them as well as I do if you like watching sunsets, surfers, dolphins in the breakers, sea lions, beach bodies, diving brown pelicans and terns, shorebirds catching sand crabs, flocking sea gulls, sailboats, fishing boats, navy ships, wind surfers and more ( every morning expect to see people slowly walking down the beach with their heads deeply bowed in submission to their quest for ……… ).

Oceanside is once more a nice town for tourists and not just a military R&R town. ( It is again possible to drive around inside Camp Pendleton and look for soldiers and tanks, etc.) Oceanside streets are clean and safe, new restaurants and shops, clean pretty beach and interesting pier. Oceanside harbor is good for walking and sightseeing. The tourist town of Carlsbad is just south.
I think Oceanside is one of the best beach destinations for the money you can find in Southern California.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank hihiker
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My husband and I took our two young grandkids here for spring break week. I just love it when my expectations are exceeded! We stayed in Bldg. F, 204. it was clean, nicely decorated, great view of the grounds, pool and ocean. The kitchen was well equipped and functional. The furniture was comfy as was the queen sized bed. The complex is so well maintained and the landscaping was beautiful. By far the best experience was with the nice folks we rented from. I'd emailed them to let them know about a small issue and Nili was so concerned and helpful. She said they try to live their lives and run their business by the Golden Rule. They REALLY do!
I can't say enough positives about our stay here. We will be back!

Room Tip: Building F is nice central area. 204 has a pretty view. The even numbered units have a view of the pool and grounds. The odds have a harbor view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo