We checked into our UNIT G104 at North Coat Village. It was set up by our Vacation Network. I had read some of the prevoius reviews on Trip Advisor and was a little hesitent but thought we'd' give it a try. My misgivings were very true. Tho the actual grounds and amenities at North Coast Village, were VERY nice - it is a lush tropical setting, with a maize of walkiing paths that take you from one area to another. There is very little signage telling you which direction is where, so it is VERY confusing when you are first coming in - once you can actually FIND the check in area. They do have secured gated underground parking for each of the MANY buildings but no signage again, to tell you where the elevator up to the units is and very few signs to tell you what units are where..... VERY CONFUSING !! These are INDIVIDUALLY OWNED units and each unit's upkeep is up to the owner, as to what they do or DON'T do. In the case of G104, it is DIRE NEED of a major overhaul. Vertical blinds (ICK!) were all broken, letting the 6am sun come blasting into the bedroom. Screen door at the slider was off the track and inoperable. Pots and pans FILTHY and just heaped into the cabinets, as were the worn out linens. Bed pillows were flat and lumpy. And old used bottles of toiletries left in the bathroom and vanities. Also old, used spices and seasonings in the kitchen - who knows HOW LONG they had been there!!!When we go on vacation, we might use the little sample bottles of bath products but pretty much bring our own. We expect to find a CLEAN minimal amount of pots, pans, small kitchen appliances, dishes and silverware and stemware. We DON'T expect to have to paw thru old, used containers of cleaning supplies and open boxes of old toilerties, to just find the iron, crammed under a vanity. Closet doors were all chipped and the tracks were dirty and rusted and everything inside was just heaped in there. The cleaning staff(whom we'd spoke to) was doing the best they could to try and keep this worn out place neat and clean but it needs to be PURGED of about 80% of the [--] in it and DE CLUTTERED and ORGANIZED. With a minimal amount of $$ and refurbishing, it could be a very nice unit...but DEFINATELY not worth even 1/4 of the weeks rental fee, as it is now!!! It might be okay for a FRAT PARTY but not what we would be looking for, in a rental for a vacation getaway!! Stay away from UNIT G104!!!!!!!!!!! On the good side - we got a FULL REFUND from our Vacation network,as we checked out as early as we could after the Labor Day weekend and were able to appy the refund to stay at another resort in Carlsbad, we had used before. So the vacation was salvaged!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation rental condominiums located at North Coast Village in Oceanside, California. Choose from 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos in a 24 hour secured, exclusive beachfront complex with direct access to wide, white, sandy beaches. Enjoy fully furnished beach condo rentals with reserved parking, 2 pools/Jacuzzis, conveniently located between San Diego and Newport Beach, close to Legoland, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park, Sea World, Disneyland and Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your North Coast Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- North Coast Village Hotel Oceanside
- North Coast Village Oceanside, California