“One of the last resort hotels”
Review of Motel 9 Oceanside

Motel 9 Oceanside
Motel 9 Oceanside
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
North Hollywood
“One of the last resort hotels”
Reviewed 22 May 2005

I've stayed here a few times when every thing else is sold out in Oceanside. This is a hotel I would not recommend. If you are just looking for a place to crash and leave, then it would be tolerable. But beyond that, you will be severly dissapointed.

While they have some ammenties such as in room fridge, coffee maker and microwave, this is about it for ammendities. There is only soap in the bathroom. Adult movies play after 9pm, so this is not a real family friendly place.

Oh, beware about their coupon policy-- depending on whether its a weekend or not, they may or may not accept coupons from their advertising.

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank Chrissypoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 26 August 2004

Ufortuanatly I disregarded a review and made a reservation via computer for 4nights. I recieved an e-mail confirmation which I took a copy with me. M daughter & arrived at 3:30pm PT( we were told check in was 12pm) upon entering our room we found the floor unvacumed, gunk on the microwave & the stool seat covered with urine. We reported this to the manager, and were assured this would be taken care of. We left for 4hour only to return to find everthing EXCEPT the stool done, another trip to the office, the mngr.did clean it. We then left to visit friends returning about 11 pm. after pulling the covers back we discovered stains & blood spots on the bottom sheet. When we asked for another sheet she wanted to wait till the morning to change it, when I insisted on a new one we were tol to come & get it. After she gave us the sheet we were told " you WILL check out in the morning".
We checked out at 12am. And have had a battle to get our money refunded. When I asked for a refund I was told NO refunds & then discovered she had filled in a higher amount than I had been quoted. Then after contacting my credit card Company re: this I was told they had run it through twice thus placing a hold on my funds for the full amount making them unavailable for my use for the remainder of my trip.
We got kicked out for asking for a CLEAN room, and had our limited fund tied up- so I advise RUN don't walk in the opposite direction!!!
AVOID-AVOID-AVOID

• Stayed August 2004
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Vacaville, California
Reviewed 30 December 2003

We were in town to visit relatives who made us reservations at Motel 9.
OK. not everyone is perfect. This is a great motel to stay in if you love: 1. peeling paint 2. a fist punched through the bathroom door 3. no shampoo 4. thin ceiling so you can hear every sound and noise from your neighbor at 2:00a.m.
5. missing fan switch in the bathroom 6. hard to regulate wall heater 7. questionable family environment 8. very cheap price Treat yourself to something better, maybe the Comfort Suites that are next store or a AAA approved motel across the street.

4 Thank Eisenberg3
Reviewed 20 August 2003

We paid for a two night stay at the agreed rate of $59.95 per night, however we were lock out of our room on the next afternoon and were required to pay an additional $50.00 because "Your kid too big". There was definite language barrier while dealing with the clerk and we were unable to obtain a refund on the next nights stay. The room seemed neat and clean until my grand daughter found a condom under the bed and we found roaches climbing out from behind the bathroom sink. We loved the location, but would never subect ourselves to staying there again.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 June 2003

The management at the Motel 9 in Oceanside was outstanding. My husband and I had traveled all the way there and no one would honor their coupons, finally we tried Motel 9, they honored their competitors coupon and even up graded our room to a suite. They gave us the works. It was wonderful. Thank you so much.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member