“Great location, neat and tidy - a very cute place.”
Review of Blue Whale Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oceanside
Blue Whale Resort
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Vancouver WA
“Great location, neat and tidy - a very cute place.”
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I looked and looked for a reasonably price place right on the beach. I didn't want four star luxury, I just wanted a clean quiet comfortable place on the beach. The Blue Whale was great. Marcia was gracious on the phone and in person. Our studio with a Murphy bed was plenty spacious for the two of us. The kitchenette was perfect for our limited meal prep. The free movies were a bonus that we appreciated. The only thing I could suggest would be an upgraded mattress on the Murphy bed. It was a little firmer than I'd prefer. But, overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank LeftCoasters

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 21 March 2011

We spent a weekend here with family. This is a little jewel. They take really great care of this place. Everything is spotless clean. Good size rooms with everything you need. Beach is just across a small one way street.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank AllHallowsEve
Denver, CO
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I searched online for a long time to find just the right little spot to take a three-night trip with my high school senior. I knew we wouldn't spend much time in the room because we would be visiting area colleges, so the amenities weren't as important to me.

That said, it was pleasant to find that they had a lending library of movies and books had we planned to stay in at all. The accomodations were comfortable and very clean. We enjoyed having the full kitchen and took advantage of it by buying breakfast things to eat in. We walked to the pier for dinner one night (yummy), and it was a real treat to have the ocean just steps away from our room.

I would definitely come back here with our whole family and know we would enjoy ourselves in this low-key, pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank JoanDenver
utah
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I would love to go back and stay a week at this place. Adjacent to the beach - beautiful rooms - perfect parking - couldn't ask for anything more!

Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank spambooks
Ohio
Reviewed 24 February 2008

I found this condo in our timeshares. We took our 2 girls and 18 month old grandson. The 2 bedroom condo was HUGE. We had plenty of room for all of us it was newly remodled, clean and the location was the best. We could see the dolfins and surfers from our balcony or the windows that lined the front. We also saw a 1 bedroom and it was nice too. The only thing that would have been nice was to have a pool. They don't have room for it, but that would be the only thing I would have changed, because the water is so cold there. We all wanted to stay forever it was so nice, there needs to be more pics online.

• Liked — Huge and great location
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank cindikevin2