“A Great Cook Employed Here!”
Review of Jennie's Cafe - CLOSED

Jennie's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Friendly and efficient service and very good food! Tasty chicken fried steak and eggs, fixed just right. The ABC omelet was filled with sliced avocados and tasted sooo good. The restaurant reminded us of an old time cafe; not much ambience but certainly worth the visit.

1  Thank VEFlowers

Reviewed 15 March 2013

My friend and I attempted to eat a late breakfast after enjoying a nice walk at the beach this morning. Unfortunately we never received our food. We waited 20 minutes to place our order. Then after 20 more minutes we were told it would be right up. another 15 went by and we asked to speak to a Manager. The woman who came over stated she was the Owner. She proceded to argue openly in front of the whole resturaunt. Then went on to say and I quote " Oh you have a coupon". I felt that if she didn't want to work with companies like Groupon or Living Social to promote her business if she like that people want a way to try new resturaunts in their area. It's really sad situation when the owner claims she has lost of experiance in the resturaunt business yet treates people in that many. This isn't LaJolla it's beach town Oceanside. Wish I could give this place a red dot instead of green!

Reviewed 5 March 2013

It wasn't very busy when we got there but we needed to wait to be seated. Friendly waitress. Breakfast and lunch menu looked great. We tried breakfast. A good breakfast. We were impressed with the pancakes. Great Kids menu. We will return to try the lunch menu next time. Could become a family meeting place.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

My wife and I stopped in at Jennie's for breakfast , the hostess seated us and gave us our menu and I felt compelled to ask her if any two coffee cups matched. I asked because I looked around and not one matched, Her response was she had a few that matched and they were in the back. She noted that some customers comment that she need a theme, I told her the lack of theme is the theme and adds to the overall charm. She was very friendly and warm, she makes you feel welcome in her cafe. I first asked her about her coffee because I do consider myself a coffee snob but really liked the coffee. She explained it was a blend she selected, not ground in a tear open pouch that is usually bitter. I ordered a breakfast combo with pancakes that were about 10 inches in diameter, eggs cooked just as I ordered, which rarely happens and sausage and hash browns. The pancakes were AWESOME in fact so was the meal. My wife had a Shrimp Benedict that she thought was the best she has had and the home fries looked great and tasted great. We actually went back the next day for lunch that's how much we liked it. I had one of the best French Dips that I have had anywhere and my wife felt the same about her sandwich. I would highly recommend Jennie's to anyone, we loved it and if we get back down there again we will stop in.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We learned about this place from Restaurant.com and we decided to try it. The place is not that big but it was busy. They have a good selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner menu. The ambiance is friendly and our server was very nice, helpful and attentive. We love the food and we will definitely go back to this place. Try the steak and eggs with the potatoes cause it's really good.

1  Thank Dawn T