“Don't let the strip mall location trick you”

Panca Peruvian Rotisserie
Ranked #30 of 389 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Peruvian
Phoenix, AZ
“Don't let the strip mall location trick you”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I stopped here for dinner during a vacation to Oceanside. My husband loves to try new flavors, so I scouted this place out as a treat. Tripadvisor has it ranked 9th, and based on our experience, it deserves it's place in the rankings.

We ordered the Quinoa cakes for appetizer. Came with a white/yellow sauce on the plate and a green dipping sauce. Don't know what the green sauce was, but it was good -- just a tiny bit of spice to it. The outside was crunchy and the inside tender.

For dinner we had the Aji gallindo (chicken dish) and the Carapulca. Both were delicious. The creamy sauce on the Aji gallindo was really tasty. It comes on top of potatoes and with a side of rice. I would have liked a bit more chicken because I try to limit carbs. But my husband thought that just the sauce with the rice would have made a very satisfying meal (the sauce was that good).

The beef in the Carapulca was incredibly tender, and the quinoa in the stew made it a hearty stew, with just an unbelievably good flavor. Savory and hearty -- my husband said it was the best stew he's ever had.

For dessert we each had the caramel crème brulee -- a delicious way to end a great meal.

Cost of the meal with 1 alcoholic beverage (wine) was $60 with tip (2 adults).

• Visited May 2014

Oceanside, California, United States
“Hidden Gem in Oceanside”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Wonderful family restaurant with authentic Peruvian food. The owners are from Lima and share their food heritage with a smile! Great ambiance.....and the food is wonderful. Don't miss the Quinoa cakes or the Aji de Gallina!!

• Visited April 2014
Oceanside, California
“authentic”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

great authentic food.

Not in a very busy area, found by accident but well worth it.

Very attentive service and owners on site

Visited April 2014
San Diego, California
“Canvas for the Imagination”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

When I walked into the restaurant, I immediately saw that they had resourcefully paneled the walls with pallet strips. In my minds' eye, I could see Peruvian tapestries or bright colored paintings to balance the harshness of the wood. Alstromeiria (Peruvian lily) would have been awesome on the tables and it is long-lasting and comes in a myriad of colors. I had aji chicken which was good. My Peruvian friend had the appetizer corazon, which he thought was excellent. I wish I had chosen the rotisserie chicken, though, because it came with sauces to dip it in and a very colorful salad on the side. I tried some Christal beer. That was nice and fresh and cold and for awhile not readily available in San Diego. So, to summarize, the restaurant was a canvas for the imagination and I hope the owners read this and add a little folkloric co color to their place to celebrate their cuisine.

• Visited February 2014
United States
“Fast friendly service, good food, modern decor.”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were going to be spending some time in Oceanside, so I looked on-line for a lunch place. We like Peruvian food, so we decided to give it a whirl. It was just what we needed -- delicious, moderately priced and fast friendly service.

~Friendly, FAST wait service
~Delicious food
~Organic/modern decor
~Reasonably priced
~Casual small restaurant in a strip mall
~Seemed quite authentic (not sure if the servers were Peruvian?)
~Free parking in strip mall

If you found this review helpful, click YES.

• Visited March 2014