“1st Time Jumper”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“1st Time Jumper”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Found Tsunami Skydivers online while doing a search of "Things to do in Orange County" I was looking for things to do while on my Daddy/Daughter vacation. I thought that this would be something to do, and cross off of my "Bucket List". While checking out other places I decided on Tsunami Skydivers since they advertised all jumps at 13,000 feet, and the views of the Ocean would be much better than a Desert. I booked a Tandem Jump with them for the afternoon between 1:00 & 2:00 they were very accommodating. When they were ready for us (Yes I talked my daughter into this too) we met with Nick & Josh, our Instructors. From the start they made us both feel at-ease, and ready for this. We got "Geared-up", and loaded in the plane. The ride to altitude was Breathtaking, and all the while Nick & Josh kept us informed as to what we were to expect. Once the door opened, and the other jumpers went it was our turn. We slid into position at the open door, and the sight of your feet hanging out of the door of a "Perfectly Good" aircraft at over 2 1/2 miles up is nothing to the next feeling.....Free Falling! We soared for approximately 45-60 seconds (I was so into this I forgot Josh needed to open the Canopy) once the Canopy opened we sailed for another 2-3 minutes before a very smooth landing. I was so ready to get back on the plane for another jump! Kudo's to Josh, & Nick for everything they did to make this years Daddy/Daughter's week one to remember.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank MShort33

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great weather, Jumper Friendly DZ”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I visited Tsunami Skydivers in October 2013. We were "weathered out" at my home drop zone, so we drove the short ways to Oceanside. The drop zone requires a B-license for non-tandems but the landing area was plentiful. The drop tickets were not expensive (dare I say very affordable). The DZO was a very pleasant guy, and he knows how to keep jumpers happy and loads turning.

Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely the experience of a lifetime!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've jumped all around Cali and this place is definitely where anyone should do their first skydive! You will be completely shocked by the view from altitude! Once that parachute opens... well there's just no words to explain it, you have to experience it yourself, there's just no way to describe it, just going for it and you will definitely remember that moment forever! Definitely get the video, cause you will want to show it to the parents, grandparents, cousins, friends, co-workers, strangers, everyone! Enjoy!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Vega87
Surat
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Out of the world experience...”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had pre booked the dive atleast 15 days earlier. However, when we reached there, it was a Sunday and hence a little crowded. We had to wait for more than an hour for our turn to come. But when our turn came and me and my wife started the training, our pulse started racing to peak level. My wife was so nervous after getting on the plane, that she told her Tandem, that she would not jump off the plane. The tandem named Ceaser was sucjh a gem of a person, he agreed and than convinced her with all the safety things they had in the parachute. The jump was an awesome experience, the one minute free fall and than gliding with the chute. The video quality could have been better. But overall an amazing experience and I would like to do it again and again.

Visited June 2013
Oceanside, California
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

In my year-long celebration of my 50th birthday, my daughter and I went on a sky diving adventure. What a rush! It was such an awesome experience! I highly, strongly recommend locals and visitors to Oceanside to try this. My instructor, Damien and my daughter's instructor, Shawn were just great, experienced and instrumental in making this a great adventure! I would definitely do it again.

Visited August 2013