“A Great local place”

Enzo's Barbecue
Ranked #58 of 390 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I often go here for a cocktail and appetizer, but after this appetizer choice, I decided to finally write
a review.!......on other visits their flatbread is my favorite, but their nacho plate, is large enough for a meal for one, and definitely enough for 2 to share.
Mine was ordered with brisket, that was drizzled with BBQ sauce, a dollop of
avo and sour cream on the side, with jalapenos, black beans, onion and melted cheese
to perfection.. Delicious!
Even tho they are small and can get very busy, the wait staff are always friendly
and attentive!
Enzo's is becoming one of my favorite local places in Oceanside!

There are newer reviews for Enzo's Barbecue

Reviewed 21 May 2014

No, I am really not confused...but I think this restaurant is.

I tried this place after checking TA for ITALIAN restaurants, (NOT BARBECUE) and was referred here to Enzo's Barbecue. I am usually pretty flexible, so I decided to give it a try. We even passed by it once because the sign only indicated Enzo's Barbeque.

Yep, this place has 2 different food menus...one Italian, one Barbecue....OK, are you still with me? Now they also have a huge selection of beers, making this sort of a glorified beer joint. Rather strange and disjointed marketing. It is a very small place and I was surprised when patrons came in and actually seated their multiple young toddlers at the bar. Seems more like a drinking establishment than a restaurant in my observation.

Had the spaghetti which was just adequate, nothing extraordinary. Pricy, too. When we both arrived we were the only people in the restaurant, yet the service was ridiculously slow, and the order was wrong on arrival. Is an order of spaghetti and meatballs just too completely complex for the kitchen with just 2 patrons in the restaurant? Or are they in the back trying all of those imported beers? Maybe it was an off day (Sunday, around 5:15PM) to be sure, but there has to be a better Italian restaurant in Oceanside than this one, which seems to have a severe identity crisis.

Is it an Italian restaurant, or a barbecue restaurant or a beer joint? Based on my experience with the Italian food, it is just an average effort. Actually Olive Garden with its microwaved meals is better than what I was served. Had the food excelled, I would not have cared about the competing food types, or the poor service. As it is, I did. I hope for their survival's sake the barbecue is better than the Italian.

1  Thank houstontosandiego
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stumbled upon this place by accident and am I glad. We were looking for another barbecue place and asked a local what they recommended. The ribs and brisket were so wonderful. I did not need a knife to cut the brisket. The sauce is tasty and the corn bread yummy. If your into beer this is your place as well. The chalkboard sign lists a large number of varieties.I noticed a number of people walking in a sampling some on tap first. Very casual place...we got there around 5 and within the hour this small place was filled and people were now sitting on the patio. Enjoy!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Thanks to the good folks here at TA, I picked this spot for my weekly "Dinner with Dad" with my son. We were completely blown away by the quality of the food, the diversity of the menu, the beer selection, and the friendly down home service. This is a place ripe to be seen on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. It's a mom and pop operation in a strip mall that blends Mississippi BBQ while serving up amazing pasta dishes if that's your choice. Oh yeah - and did I mention that the prices are a bargain!

I enjoyed the "Manhandler" - a great sandwich on a roll with brisket, hot links and hot pickles, bathed in the house BBQ sauce. It came with a non-descript side of fries as I passed on the beans and cole slaw. My son enjoyed a 4-cheese tortelloni in a pesto sauce that came with a side of bread with a tureen of garlic butter. I topped of my meal with a Drake's Black IPA.

It might be one of the best meals I've had in my lifetime. The sauce surpasses the sauces we've enjoyed throughout the deep south and the brisket was so tender and juicy that I want to go back and just order the brisket plate. My son enjoyed his pasta immensely.

The place is tiny with just 24 indoor seats and a bar that might hold another 8. There's 4 outdoor tables so this is a place to enjoy just off the peak hours. Our service was a very pleasant young lady and our order arrived quite quickly. The two of us check out with a total tab of $29 including a $5 tip. Take away the beer and this is a $20 meal for two - and a bargain at that price.

If you live in the area I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 1 November 2013

tried this because of the reviews. I don't eat meat so knew there would be options. the lobster mac and cheese special was so delicious, I wished I was younger so I could eat more. The Southern combo of back ribs, pull pork and brisket was exceptional and I would know cause I tried the meat. The brisket was the best of the three and just melts in your mouth. The choice of beers would please the pickiest person and the current house white wine is a chardonnay which was more full bodied and deliciously dry than any house wine I have been served anywhere. Not even half way through, my boyfried said ' I would come back here' and he rarely comments on food. The service was OUTSTANDING.

1  Thank lorik562016