“Great customer service and clean rooms and property!!”

La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here because we could take our dog.
1. The rooms are super clean for being a doggy motel. There was no sign of other dogs ever staying in my room. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room.

2. Yes it is next to a strip club but you would not know it except for the discreet sign, it was quiet there and no one was ever outside of it saw one guy smoking outside and that's it.

3. The customer service was excellent. Our car broke down about an hour after we checked in barely got it back to motel. The front desk guy (Erickson) went up and above to get us a list of auto repair services in the area. He researched them off of Yelp ( which I always do) and came up with a list of 5 places. Erickson, we went with Bills Complete Automotive and he was great I would recommend him to you as well even though I know you got your guy in Escondido. (Just to let you know it was our water pump and he fixed it in two hours for a reasonable price) Thanks for being so calm and helpful during my almost melt down stressful situation it was much appreciated.

4. Because our car broke down the first day we were so close to the beach and the shops and restaurants we were able to walk to all so the place is in a great location.

5. The free breakfast was great it had hard boiled eggs, make yourself waffles, biscuits and gravy , bacon one day and sausage the next, cold and hot cereal, pastries, bagel and cream cheese, toast, fruit, yogurt, coffee, and juice. there's probably a few more items I am forgetting.

6. Flat screen tv with direct Tv

Will definitely stay here again if ever in the area. Obviously you can stay in nicer places at a higher rate. This was great for the price and because I could take my dog. It was clean and had great customer service, pretty much my criteria.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank leolaniw
Andrew S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I am very glad you were able to make the most of your experience in Oceanside. I am especially happy that my staff was so accommodating. It is definitely one of our strong points as well as cleanliness. We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience while maintaining a high level satisfaction. I appreciate the detailed experience you have listed and we will work our hardest to keep up the good work! Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside

A La Quinta traveler
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I usually stay at either an Omni or a La Quinta and I'm always surprised at how much more helpful the La Quinta staff are. I had a clean room, the staff were incredibly helpful, and my stay went as well as could be.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Abe I

We appreicate the kind words. It encourages us to keep striving to make each guest experience as best as possible. I aggree that some higher end hotels always seem to have staff that doesn't fully embrace the idea of hospitality. I think it is a testiment to how much employees enjoy their job and the people they work with as you cannot fake happiness. We will continue to do our best to make each guest feel as welcome as possible, so please do not hesitate to let us know what you need or how we can possibly make the guest experience more enjoyable. It is our goal each day to put a smile on our guests faces.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were very impressed with the staff at the Oceanside La Quinta Inn. Every staff member we encountered was polite, friendly with a smile, and very helpful! The location of the Inn to the beach was a quick, safe walk and within walking distance to restaurants and downtown. Thank you for making our first stay in California memorable!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. I am very happy you enjoyed your first visit to California. Especially in Oceanside! I will definitely share your experience with my staff an ensure they know how friendliness and a smile can go a long way to brighten someone's day. I will also ensure that we maintain our high level of cleanliness behind the scenes. We look forward to your next visit to California and we will work hard to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I booked this based on the reviews which I think over promised which caused the hotel to under deliver. The rooms were large and clean, but plain. The food was plentiful but dull and the breakfast room was claustrophobic. The location was convenient, but on a busy street with construction next door and an inconvenient walk to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room if you want to see a sunset but the only water view as far as I know is from t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank goldgirlmom

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate it when our guests let us know about their experience. We will use your review to better understand the guest's perspective and it will go a long way in future improvements. We do have 2 rooms that have an ocean view, but since majority of our rooms do not have this view, we do our best to ensure we don't advertise as such. We have plans in the near future to address the breakfast area by making it much more open and inviting. This was born out of listening to our guests and targeting areas for improvement. In short, we always invite any form of feedback as we undestand there is always room for improvement as well as maintaining the things we do well.
Thank you again and we hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Oceanside.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Your staff was fantastic and more accommodating than most hotels priced significantly higher than LaQuinta. We were pleasantly surprised by the rooms, the décor was new and the bed was really comfortable. Add to the that the large Samsung t.v. and direct tv, all made for a very cozy room. The breakfast was not bad, in fact we only went out for breakfast one morning and ate at LaQuinta the remaining mornings. All in all great value. Again though, the staff are so friendly and helpful and the main reason we would go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you Beverley for the kind words. I will share your experience with my staff so that they know for certain that their hospitality is exactly what people love. Sometimes we are unable to control all the circumstances, but the attitude and friendliness or our staff is always within our control. Thank you for highlighting this about us and also for the accurate description of our guest rooms. Through listening to our guests, we were able to go above and beyond that standards set forth by our brand and do things like making our flat screen tvs large enough for the spacious rooms. Also, DirecTv offers a much more wider selection of entertainment that basic cable providers. These are the things we try to think of when improvements are planned out and it is a direct influence from our guests' experiences. Please look forward to the breakfast improvements we have planned for the near future. Thank you again and we will see you back soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 561debram
Andrew S, General Manager at La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014