“Eat with one hand clutching your tartar sauce”

Harbor Fish and Chips
Ranked #16 of 404 Restaurants in Oceanside
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is the best for fish and chips ! I usually get the 2 pc. with fries and cole slaw. The batter is hot and crispy with tender moist fish inside.
We usually sit outside and people watch and enjoy the scenery. One warning though. The birds are VERY aggressive about trying to steal your food. On my last visit, one bird was eyeballing my food, and actually flew at me and snatched a french fry out of my hand. So just don't let your guard down.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love this place. The fish is excellent and love the specials. Go Friday and have the sampler. It the special and has 1 piece of crispy fish in beer batter and 1 huge shrimp and fries, coleslaw and clam chowder. Local place and you will love it.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had the fish and chips and they were awesome.Fresh cod fish and breading that wasn't over cooked. The fries were hot and crispy as well. I bought the 4 piece fish and chips and my basket had five pieces of fish in it. The tarter sauce is home made and so good. Even though it is self service, the service is so friendly and nice. The seating area inside and outside at the harbor is kept nice and clean. Being from the Seattle area, i almost thought I was at Ivar's Clam Bar and eating on the wharf, the place was that great.

1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Being a local I have been to this place many times, often recommending it to company from out of town. The food here is fantastic. I love the clam strips, the sweet potato fries,and of course the fish n chips. You can sit inside or outside. Sitting outside is always fun when it's nice it. The people that work here always seem to be in a great mood. Awesome atmosphere!

1  Thank lilliariel
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Came here for lunch. Had the #2 combo plus the 1-piece fish & slaw. The #2 combo is piece of fish, fried clams and a side.

The fish was frickin' awesome. The huge piece of fish was perfectly battered, crispy and moist. The clams were crisp and flavorful. I was surprised at how many clams I got - over a full cup. The cocktail sauce needed a little more horseradish for my tastes, but it had a nice slightly sweet flavor.

The cole slaw was a family recipe from 1969 - it was crisp and flavorful; not the soggy slaw you get at so many other places.