“Disappointed”

Ranked #127 of 388 Restaurants in Oceanside
Hemet, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stopped at Outback, Oceanside during a recent trip. It was very crowded and we were told the wait would be 30 minutes. Thankfully, we were seated about 20 minutes later so we saved 10 minutes. The noise level in the restaurant made conversation a challenge. We ordered steaks and were very disappointed in the quality of the meat. Both steaks were not as tender as one would expect at a steakhouse restaurant. Mine was gristly and unappetizing as a result. This was our first visit to an Outback Steakhouse and we are not eager to return.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Randy G

Carlsbad, California
“Run-of-the-mill steakhouse”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Oceanside Outback is just an ordinary chain steakhouse. We had dinner on a Monday night. The place was not crowded and we were immediately seated in a booth. My wife had the filet/wedge salad and I had the 10-ounce Ribeye. Our server, Nick B, was friendly, courteous and accommodating. Her filet was done as ordered and the wedge salad was a generous serving. My Ribeye was prepared as ordered, but it was just warm when served (maybe it sat on a serving counter for a while). The garlic mashed potatoes were barely warm enough to melt the butter. All in all it was just an ordinary dinner at best.

• Visited December 2013
Pasadena, California
“HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Truly I never knew it possible to have a bad meal at Outback, we LOVE Outback and when traveling around the United States it is one of the chains we look for and NEVER EVER have had anything even close to this mess!!!

We chose Outback because of the special advertised of Steak, shrimp and lobster. We were visiting relatives and took them as they rarely eat out.

First we did get seated within the right time stated when we came in, BUT it took forever for the waitress to acknowledge us. We did order our beverages and then it took forever to order our meals.

Our meals came, but not the salads, so my husband asked about our salad, when we had eaten about a third of our meal, our salad came, but NOT my brother in laws, so she said she would bring it, he had almost eaten all his meal before it came and i had to remind her twice more.

I could not believe the lobster, it was about half the size of a thumb, the shrimp was so small and the steak, all of it so over cooked! He had ordered medium well but it was past well done and so was the lobster and shrimp and so dry.

We had the steak and blooming onion meal and my husband ordered medium, well it was past medium well and part of it was beyond well done. And SO dry!! My sister in law had BBQ chicken when she said was okay but very dry, her vegetables were pretty boring looking and dry.

Outback really needs to pay attention to this location!!! As Outback should not permit this type of service as it does not stand up to the other Outbacks in the chain across the US. In normal conditions I would have got the manager and asked to have it fixed but I was seated on the inside of the booth and didn't want to cause a fuss with the family we rarely see.

• Visited November 2013
Jasper, Indiana
“Everyone makes mistakes, but...”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

My party of 3 decided to sit outside for supper. It was noisy from the freeway, but the beautiful weather was too tempting. However, after sitting for at least 15 minutes & having 2 waiters ignore us (there was only 1 other party outside & their waitress was one of the guilty parties), we went inside & asked to be reseated. The hostess admitted she forgot about us...what's that even mean? Your waitstaff is excused for ignoring your guests?! The other hostess apologized profusely & took care of our drinks immediately then took our orders. Eventually the waiter took over. When one in our party ordered a second beer, he waited at least 10 minutes before being told, "I think we ran out of that kind." Anyway, the food was average chain-steakhouse fare. Nothing exciting. My salmon was a bit over-cooked, but not dry. Just not cooked properly for salmon. Pricey for the experience. No offer from management to comp anything for our hassle, but this is the type of place that you have to throw a fit to get that...and it's just not my style. I expect good management to recognize the need & step up without being asked.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Poor choice for a Monday Dine Out”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Dined at Outback on Monday for dinner, Bloomin Onion soggy, ordered steak/crab legs with loaded baked potato, received french fries instead. bread wasn't fresh. All in all a poor start to the week. Service mediocre to boot.

Visited July 2013

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!