“Just not safe”

Motel 6 Oceanside Marina
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This place is very basic, even for a motel. Suppose it was fine for crashing in for a few hours. There was lots of free parking, which comes in handy with larger vehicles. It's close to the freeway and cheap and close to the beach.

The real problem is with the creepy homeless types everywhere you turn. Very rough area! Such a shame. Be prepared to cross paths with prostitutes, drunks and druggies.

They folks at the desk mentioned the motel was becoming a Motel 6 very soon.

I don't think that will help...just bring in more dogs, and people who don't clean up after their dogs.

Next time i'm staying where i don't have to sleep with one eye open.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RiverSong42

Reviewed 3 October 2013

so gross had to keep shoes on at all times. the rug was so dirty my feet turned tar black and greasy for some reason. dug addicts dealers and hooker central. a package was mailed there from my mother with my boyfriends name and our room # . was some how given to another guest and he refused to give it back. or so the manager said along with more then 3 other stories. my head was spinning from all the diff. stories he was telling me my boyfriend and the cops. he refused to help in any way when he is clearly at fault. i have now gotten the advice of a lawyer and am now going after the hotel for a refund of my package value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gypsiepearl
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Worst motel I have ever stayed in! The carpet was so dirty we had to wear shoes because it turned our feet black. Ice machine was broken all 3 days there with a sign stating to "check back tomorrow"! It appeared that all the "guests" were long term residents. The room smelled of animal urine, and creepy people roamed the parking lot all hours of the night. STAY AWAY!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want any comfort and peace, and are a decent clean person!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lacey k
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I booked this motel, then looked at TripAdvisor, and thought 'what have I done?'. I was truly amazed at the cleanliness of the rooms and the pool. Everything works great, including the guest's laundrette. Apparently they now have new owners with plans. Excellent value, highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking. Great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank johnrbaron
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The bed, flooring was in bad condition. The bathroom didn't look to bad. It did not look like what I saw in the pictures at all. The first night we stayed we had a girl come to our front door and she had no clothes on but just a jacket on saying if someone could help her get her stuff from another room that her boyfriend or friend kicked her out. So from there on out, we keep seeing her walk the area and she was very intoxicated. They didn't clean the room the 2nd day we stay and no towels were replaced.The area had alot of people walking the streets. It look like people were selling drugs at this hotel. The only thing I like was that it was cheap and it was close to the beach. I will not stay here again. Oh yes, one more thing. The guy that works there is always walking around the hotel. I'm not sure why but I guess to keep people from do things, idk???

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank yellowacuna
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was by far the most disgusting room I've ever seen. We were scared to take our shoes off. The shower was gross with dirty black footprints. The worst part of all... in the closet, we found a half full gatorade bottle of urine. Would have been safer sleeping in the truck.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank csanders83
Reviewed 5 July 2013

An inexpensive hotel close to a Marine base - this hotel was a pleasure for my stay! Walking distance to Pendleton's front gate, excellent wifi, decent food in walking distance, and the price was right.

And the staff knows what it's about; no drunks,. no wild parties; this is a great place for families and spouses of Marines to stay as they visit.

And did I mention a short walk to the beach...!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business