“Fun, safe, and cheap!”

Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Oceanside
“Fun, safe, and cheap!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am from Oceanside originally and was visiting with my boyfriend so we decided to stay here since they have the cheapest rates. As a person coming from Oceanside, I always saw this hotel as a scetchy place and never gave it a chance. Being tight on money, I walked in the lobby being greeted with great customer service from one of the associates, and immediately lost all my previous hesitations about this place. Kevin was able to accommodate my needs and the room was completely spotless. I'm very picky when it comes to cleanliness and compared to the other motels I have seen in Oceanside, I would give this 5 stars. It's in a great location, it was very quiet, and I will definitely be going back. I don't normally write reviews, but after seeing all the bad reviews and me being from Oceanside, this was definitely worth my time.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I will never!!!!!!! Stay at this hotel ever again. It's disgusting, filthy, and stinks as soon as you walk in the door. The manager is a total idiot. When I went to complain he told me that it was my problem and it was my choice to stay there. So if you like staying in filth and don't mind over paying for a dirty room I recommend that you stay here. Otherwise don't waste you're time or money.

3 Thank barber1984

Travellers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

Riverside
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Never again. Felt robbed of our money. Coming from very far away to take a vacation on a holiday weekend and it was our worst nightmare. As soon as we walked in the front desk/manager ( joke ) was on his cell phone and had to wait forever to be helped and waiting for him to call around to see if any rooms were even available since check in was 3:00pm and we got there about 3:45pm, they should have all rooms ready. We finally get a room and it's disgusting. Spider webs in the shower, bed smelled like mold, vent for bathroom was having a disturbing smell of feces that was the worst as trying to take a shower, poor air unit, place looked so old, hole in the wall of the bathroom. Just unbelievably terrible. House keeping had an attitude when bringing extra towels and brought the iron I asked for but no ironing board.
We then confront the front desk/manager and he wants to argue back and give us attitude like it's our fault and instead of working on trying to help us and fix the problem he still just wanted to argue and say it's just a job and didn't care. That just tells you what kind of place it is. After a full on argument he finally decides to give us a new room that they actually just built which was amazing. It was like night and day. I just couldn't believe the guy I had never experienced such a thing. I wouldn't recommend it. The new room was great and 110% better but I wouldn't give this place my money again. The "no refund after 15 min" just screams Hooker Hotel!! If they had a better attitude and had some passion in their business then maybe it would be a success!!

1 Thank Vacationgirl124
Moss Landing, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This place is very basic, even for a motel. Suppose it was fine for crashing in for a few hours. There was lots of free parking, which comes in handy with larger vehicles. It's close to the freeway and cheap and close to the beach.

The real problem is with the creepy homeless types everywhere you turn. Very rough area! Such a shame. Be prepared to cross paths with prostitutes, drunks and druggies.

They folks at the desk mentioned the motel was becoming a Motel 6 very soon.

I don't think that will help...just bring in more dogs, and people who don't clean up after their dogs.

Next time i'm staying where i don't have to sleep with one eye open.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank RiverSong42
Oceanside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

so gross had to keep shoes on at all times. the rug was so dirty my feet turned tar black and greasy for some reason. dug addicts dealers and hooker central. a package was mailed there from my mother with my boyfriends name and our room # . was some how given to another guest and he refused to give it back. or so the manager said along with more then 3 other stories. my head was spinning from all the diff. stories he was telling me my boyfriend and the cops. he refused to help in any way when he is clearly at fault. i have now gotten the advice of a lawyer and am now going after the hotel for a refund of my package value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gypsiepearl
tucson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Worst motel I have ever stayed in! The carpet was so dirty we had to wear shoes because it turned our feet black. Ice machine was broken all 3 days there with a sign stating to "check back tomorrow"! It appeared that all the "guests" were long term residents. The room smelled of animal urine, and creepy people roamed the parking lot all hours of the night. STAY AWAY!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want any comfort and peace, and are a decent clean person!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lacey k
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I booked this motel, then looked at TripAdvisor, and thought 'what have I done?'. I was truly amazed at the cleanliness of the rooms and the pool. Everything works great, including the guest's laundrette. Apparently they now have new owners with plans. Excellent value, highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking. Great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple