“From check in to check out--great place!”

Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
POINT PLEASANT BEACH
“From check in to check out--great place!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

To start, Mai Lee and her partner greeted me with a friendly and happy smile and fantastic attitude. They provided me with maps for my stay and were very pleasant. The hotel is very nice, clean and modern. The breakfast was great. One evening I was working in the library and a kind housekeeping gentleman brought me over a table to assist with my administrative work.

My checkout went just as smooth as Mai ensured that the visit went well and asked if there was any way her and her staff could further assist.

Great hotel.
Great staff.
I'm coming back!
Pat C.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Morgan Hill, California
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Good: The service is very good, responsive and knowledgeable. The rooms are nice and roomy. We were upgraded to thee two-bedroom suite. It’s great having a full kitchen.

Bad: Off the beaten path. There are a few restaurants located within walking distance. Hotel seems to cater to families with small children. Screaming, crying, and running / jumping on the floor above us. The front desk did respond quickly and addressed the last issue. The breakfast is very limited and disappointing when compared to other RI's we stayed at.

Overall; good.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank p f
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed at the Resi Inn for approx 2 months while working in the area. The entire staff made the stay wonderful. They were helpful and accommodating with every request I made. I didn't feel like I was living away from home (other than not having to clean :)). Two months away can become lonely but they staff was so friendly (without being imposing) and warm that I enjoyed spending time with them. The hotel is VERY clean, extremely dog friendly, centrally located to base, the beach or hiking and was very well maintained. I left feeling like I was leaving family. I'll miss them all for quite some time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank BarbYVA
Joshua B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
BarbYVA,

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was a pleasure having you and Scout here for two months. It is our team's goal to make every guest feel at home and I am so glad to hear they were able to accomplish that for you. We hope to see you again soon next time you are in Oceanside!

Warm Regards,
Josh Brandon
Fallbrook, California
Reviewed 24 October 2012

In planning a wedding with many out of town guests I wanted to choose a property that would welcome our family and friends to a relaxing and comfortable accomodations. The front office supervisor Justine Farley assisted me with coodinating the reservations and assigning rooms for a seamless check-in for our guests. The level of attention and customer service was phenominal and the property was a great setting for our special guests to relax and enjoy our celebration. I would highly recomend this property for a great experience with 5 star customer service and a great value.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The air smells like a cross between a sewer and a landfill which means you cannot open a window and enjoy the southern California climate. The smells seep into the suites as well, so it is nauseating. Hotel mgt says it's from a compost operation nearby. Yet there is what looks like a landfill across the street. And whatever the cause it ruined the weekend and the hotel GM told me I was the only person who ever complained. Marriott corporate was no help at all. And told me to take it up with the local hotel. But it was Marriott corporate whixh chose the not charming location. On the positive side if your nose doesn't work well, Hotel suites are large and very nice, but it is way too far from everything, except the smell.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank beautifulbutterflies
Joshua B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback. I apologize that you were unable to fully enjoy your night stay with us. It is true that there is 465 acres of mostly vacant land directly across from our hotel. The land was originally a sand mine and is currently being developed by the City of Oceanside into the Field of Dreams complex which includes Parks and Recreation, Natural Habitat, Civic Services, Retail and Hotel. More information can be foud on the city's website here: http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/gov/manager/propmgmt/planning/elcorazon/default.asp.
The El Corazon Compost Facility which you mention is on the far end of the acreage about 1.5 miles from the hotel. The facility is part of a forward thinking private/public partnership with the City of Oceanside working towards a goal of “zero waste” for the city. Very occasionally, the wind will bring a fresh garden soil scent to the area of the hotel. More information on this innovative facility can be found here:
Fortunately, there is not a landfill or waste facility across from the hotel. As always, please feel free to contact me directly with any additional questions.
Joshua Brandon
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this residence inn.
Pros:
1.) Friendly staff -- Each staff member went the extra effort to make sure we were taken care of and satisfied with their service.
2.) Great food options on site--Breakfast and dinner choices were rotated enough to give variety each day. We stayed for 5 days.
3.)Clean pool and accessories-- Pool was always clean and was equipped with floating devices, goggles, and play toys which were a hit for our children.
4.) Spacious room -- The 2 bedroom layout was perfect for our family of 5.
5.) Location -- I liked that the hotel was not right off the highway, but secluded a little. It made me feel more comfortable being in the pool and outdoors with our family. I-5 was about 5-10 minutes away and Legoland using back roads or freeway was only 10-15 minutes depending on traffic.

Cons: (2 small ones)
1.) Wifi signal -- It was very weak in most parts of our room. Luckily I had service with our cell phone provider that worked all the time. (room 221 i believe)
2.) Sheets change frequency--Bed sheets were not changed daily. After I found out I mentioned this to front desk and they mentioned that they are only changed every 3 days unless requested specifically. I would have liked to know this when I checked in.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Exempo
Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, and the price was decent. I like having the "suite" amenities with the separate living room. I called the day I was checking in to request a quiet and secluded room away from families or noise because I had to work late. The man on the phone said that there were several secluded rooms and he secured one for me. But when I checked in that night, I was sandwiched between a room that had the TV blaring all night and a room filled with kids screaming. I was completely annoyed but didn't want to repack everything and move, so I just put up with it for 2 nights.

Then in the morning, housekeeping was banging on my door every 15 minutes even though I asked them to leave me alone. There was no "Do not disturb" sign anywhere, so I had to go downstairs and request they put one on my door.

The room itself is quite old: cracking tile, dirty grout, outdated furnishings. There were cracked glasses in the kitchen too. But the bed is comfortable and overall clean.

The location was strange and inland near some businesses. As long as you have a car, it's just a 10 minute drive downtown and to the water. The best part of this hotel is that across the parking lot there is a fantastic restaurant called Felix's BBQ With Soul- the food is incredible especially when you want comforting delicious southern food (BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, fried okra, cornbread, etc).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Frankie R
tojaibear, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate all types of comments as it allows us to improve our service and product moving forward. I’m sorry your stay was unsatisfactory and that the rooms beside you were loud. We do try out best to keep our business or extended stay guests separate from our traveling families, but admittedly during busy times there is some overlap. I will be personally following up with our housekeeping team to ensure everyone is aware of our policy when guests are asked not to be disturbed. If you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Joshua Brandon