“Excellent facilities for long term stay”

Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent facilities for long term stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great facility and a fun atmosphere for the family. Although I was on a long-term business trip, I would consider staying here for a vacation, any time. The staff is great...April works the front end and will assist you with any request to make your stay enjoyable. Baia, works the front desk and hotel breakfast/dinner area and will hand you a Shocktop beer or a plate of eggs. Ed, the maintenance guy, will bring you anything you ask the front desk for...even forks.
I had a great stay at the Residence Inn and enjoyed meeting the staff... The facilities are really nice with cook tops and cookware, and a large refrigerator. There area a variety of restaurants within walking distance and the place is worth your travel dollars. So, don't worry ....Residence Inn Oceanside...will take care of you and your family.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for rooms on the first floor...they are nearest to the pool and tennis courts.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ryan F, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We at the hotel are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, as we at Marriott strive to provide an excellent stay to all of our guests and we are so happy to hear we were a success! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel by far was the best experience I had when I was here in Oceanside while celebrating my anniversary. The front desk staff was friendly and was knowledgable with the area. Especially April Chu. I met her one evening during social hour which they host Monday -through Wednesday evening! She was so friendly and made my stay so much fun.

Thank you Oceanside team and April for making my stay so enjoyable! I will be back soon.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Joshua B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your experience at the Oceanside Residence Inn. We appreciate the positive comments you shared regarding the service you received from the Front Desk and April Chu. We will make sure to share your comments and recognize everyone for their efforts. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit to the hotel.
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Whenever I go out of town I always check if there is a Residence Inn nearby. They are reliably comfortable and clean. I have stayed here a couple times, and I wouln not want to stay any other place. Close to where I needed to be, reasonable price, and cozy.

I was disappointed to read about the wasted water in another review, and hope that is addressed right away. Even restaurants these days are only serving water on request. Breakfasts are good, and several cold or warm items to choose from. I wish there was an option to use real plates, styrofoam is horrible. Even paper would be better. We all need to help reduce waste. Perhaps next time I will just bring dishes down from the room instead.

Staff were friendly, and very helpful. I will recommend this place to others visiting in our family as well.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Joshua B, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience and for your loyalty to the Residence Inn Brand. We appreciate the positive comments you shared regarding your experience and we are always looking for opportunities to conserve when possible. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when your travels bring you back to the Oceanside area.
Monterey, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent 2 weeks at this hotel and had a very pleasant experience overall. Having both hot and cold elements for breakfast was always nice, scrambled eggs, potatoes of some sort, muffins, bagels, etc - the fruit choices were inconsistent and not always very good. Dinners are complimentary 3x per week and wine/beer is also included, if requested! The dinners were average, but having them at all was great! The hotel room itself was very clean and comfortable with a very well stocked kitchen. Laundry facilities are nice to have, as well! The staff were very kind. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this for extended stays BUT My only real problem is that the hotel ran the dishwasher every day even if there were no dirty dishes. Management informed me that this was their policy, however, CA is in the middle of a severe drought, and I can not see myself supporting a hotel chain that wastes this much water on a daily basis. I ended up declining cleaning services most days for this reason.

Room Tip: If your room is over the pool/spa area then you may hear noises in the late hours of the night. Requ...
Green Features: I do not believe that this hotel is eco friendly. Running the dishwashers everyday with only the coffee pot in it during a severe drought is a complete waste of water. They also changed my towels even if I hung them up.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Joshua B, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Oceanside, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for posting a positive review of your experience at the Residence Inn Oceanside. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the service and overall experience you received during your extended stay at the hotel. Thank you for the concerns that you shared regarding conservation efforts and the use of the dishwashers in the guestrooms. We are reaching out to our Marriott Brand team to discuss this matter to see if an exception can be made to the standard for California hotels due to the severe drought in our area. We appreciate your suggestions and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit.
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here, on our way back from San Diego; stayover was due to meeting with a friend next day in Laguna Beach and wanted some place quiet and not so busy!
Reception was excellent, and service people very helpful and nice. This included the people working the breakfast room.
Room was spacious, nice big TV, two 'working' desks, kitchen with full facilities. Bathroom was decent-sized, bath and shower in separate area.
What I also liked was the fact that room was set up for 'work', even if we were NOT working! Electrical outlets were plentiful and easily accessible.
Room was quiet, well-insulated and we could not hear showers going on next door.
Breakfast was very good, plenty of choices, fresh and hot. Only minor negative was lack of dining tables, but the facilities outside dining area was sufficient.

Hotel is on one side of a big mall, with various shops and restaurants (we didn't go to any).

All in all, this Marriott is very good. Only 'negative' - it was just a bit off the freeway, but ... not THAT far.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Residence Inn Oceanside. We are glad that you were satisfied with the service received from the staff and the property in general. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to the Oceanside area. Thank you for choosing Marriott for your lodging needs.
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Originally, I booked the Carlsbad property, but my reservation was switched the night before my arrival to accommodate the local residents who lost homes in a recent fire. I rely on Trip Advisor a great deal, therefore I was nervous when my reservation was automatically switched and I didn't have time to check reviews. I have come to enjoy this chain of hotels for their service, modern rooms, and quality and the Oceanside property did not disappoint.

If you are a light sleeper then you definitely need to request a room on the top floor to be on the safe side.The walls and floors are very thin so beware. I heard children running back and forth directly above my room and I was afraid they were about to crash down onto my bed!! Other than that, I have no complaints and would return if ever I found myself back in Oceanside.

Room Tip: The top floor is the quietest.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lrgayles
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Got a great deal through Priceline express deals and we were very happy with the hotel. The room was very clean and failry large for a suite. We have a couple of little ones so the full kitchen is a huge bonus. The hotel location is very convenient as the Walmart, Target and other shopping is about a 5-10 min drive away. Legoland is about 20 min away without having to go through the freeway which is nice to avoid the rush hour traffic. Breakfast was nice with options for scrambled eggs, ham, toast, make-your-own waffles, juices, milk and sodas. They also have happy hour every Mon-Wed between 5:30 and 6:30 for snacks and beer and wine. Overall, this hotel exceeded our expectations. I will definitely stay here again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family