“Good for its price”

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Charleston, SC
“Good for its price”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

A good hotel to stay in considering the price ($50++/night). Wi-fi works good, and the breakfast is nice with waffles, and the typical bagels, fruits, energy bar etc (no meat).

Bed is clean and comfy. Bathroom is nice and clean.

You can walk to the beach but it's a bit of a walk and probably not a good idea when you have kids.

Probably best to stay here instead of anaheim if you wanted to go to disney and the likes. A bit of a drive, but good for its price and cleanliness.

knowing that the GM of this place also responds to all the complaints also show that they really read your concern/complaint to care enough to fix the place for anything that's not up to the standard.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Nazim M
RamadaOside, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for providing valuable insight for prospective guests. We often have guests stay with us that use our hotel as "home base" for going to multiple attractions such as Disneyland and Seaworld. We are located close to all the San Diego attractions as well as only being an hour's drive from Disneyland. The added benefit of a great beach only 2 minutes drive from the hotel is real luxury. We hope to see you on your next visit to Oceanside. Andrew Stewart GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Melbourne
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is your standard motel with some unusual features. For instance the room had movement sensitive lights.

I liked that:
- the room was clean;
- the gym though small had good equipment;
- the free wifi was better than hotels twice the price;
- breakfast was outstanding at this price point;
- this is one of the few non-smoking hotel rooms I have stayed in that actually does not smell of smoke;
- the location was convenient. Near a freeway but not on the freeway. Within a realistic walk of the beach.

I note that:
- the room was smallish;
- Ramada still uses polystyrene cups and plates (what gives?). This is especially weird given that they also use paper cups;
- the room is a little on the dated side.

I do not recommend that young children stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lex_loci_david
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stay here because of the price, but every thing was great the staff the room was wonderful, I had a great time , the staff talk to me and told me place to go and when I called them for help they came up with no problem.

Room Tip: room on the corner you can see ocean/
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tlcbear411
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I was skeptical about this hotel after booking it on hotwire.com. All-in-all the staff was very friendly and helpful and prompt when we needed assistance. Kudos to the staff (housekeeping, front desk, and maintenance). With that said- our safe didn't work properly and our room unfortunately smelled of smoke (non-smoking room). We had to wash all of our clothes to get the smoke smell out when we got home.

Now, I am only writing a review for one complaint. I was charged for "makeup stains" on my towels and instructed that I should have used the makeup remover provided. I have stayed at many hotels in my life and can assume that I have left many makeup smudges on all of those towels, and never ONCE received a charge for leaving makeup stains. Sounds like an extraneous charge to me.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank t h
So Cal
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed with a group and used 6 rooms. Although there were some minor cosmetic things that could be touched up in the bathrooms, all of the rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful to work with and the breakfast was in a large conference area. Considering how expensive hotels can be in the San Diego area, this was a pleasant surprise. There is no pool at this facility so if you are looking for that, you will need to go elsewhere. With a market across the street, a 24 hour donut shop adjacent to the hotel and an excellent and cheap Mexican restaurant right next door, it is tough to beat. Easy access to the 5 freeway and a very short drive down the street to the beach.

Room Tip: 2nd to 4th floors require a room key to access.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Only1United
USA
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I was a bit concerned when I realized that I would be staying here. The other reviews were mostly negative. I was pleasantly suprised to discover that the motel was a great value for the price. The room was clean, recently renovated and had most ammentities of more expensive motels (toiletries). It didn't smell bad and the carpet was very clean (I felt nothing abnormal when I walked on it barefoot). The free breakfast was great with lots of choices to eat. The location was acceptable, very near Highway 5 which made it convenient and also close to Camp Pendleton. An added bonus was the fabulous and very cheap Mexican restaurant next door. All told, it was a very good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Lailasmom
RamadaOside, General Manager at Ramada Oceanside, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate it when guests take the time to tell us about their experience and share it with others. We are working hard to provide a clean and well maintianed hotel. We have consitently improved in the these last couple of years to update the rooms as well as the other amenities we offer.

Andrew Stewart GM
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2011

If you are looking for a great price, friendly staff, comfortable beds, clean rooms and a great breakfast (free) this is the place to stay, The rooms could stand a few cosmetic fix ups but that didn't effect our stay. We had a great time with morning walks to the beach followed by a breakfast in their spacious CLEAN breakfast room. The breakfast room staff was right on top of keeping everything well stocked. We will stay here on our next trip to California. Sandy S. Binghamton NY

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family