“Ok if theres nothing else available”

Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside Near Camp Pendleton
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Place looks pretty run down. On the positive note staff was super friendly and accommodating. I had to wake up early because as soon as house keeping started cleaning there was a huge amount of noise. If I didn't know better I would have sworn they had construction going on. There was no alternative but to get up and get ready for the day. Didn't complain because the staff was so nice. I think the rooms are over priced though and wouldn't stay here again unless it was a last resort.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank rate_your_place
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside Near Camp Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear rate_your_place,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your review of your recent experience at our property. This feedback is very helpful to us as we establish our best path to providing successful guest satisfaction.

While we are pleased to read you found our staff highly commendable, we would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in regards to some aspects of your stay. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, we want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review and make necessary improvements accordingly.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Since we stayed here for only one night my husband and I tuff'd it out. But quite honestly this place needs a remodel. AC in each room is the old fashion big unit that does't run off a thermostat. So, its either on or off. Not good :( They don't have a lobby or reception area so that you can sit with your computer or just sit and read or watch TV. The pretty small for a hotel. Popcorn ceilings are a throwback to the 70's and the rooms are kinda musty.
The good things are the rooms were clean and good size, flat screen TV's are new and nice, parking was sufficient, plenty of restaurants close by. Staff was outstanding and did everything the could to help their customers.
Like I said - the property is tired and she shows it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sylvia B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside Near Camp Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Dear Sylvia B,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I appreciate the compliments on the efforts our hotel staff has provided during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. We apologize for the problems you encountered with the room amenities. Your comments are valuable and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was a great motel, very close to the Camp P main gate. Staff and rooms were great, I had to work from my room while I was there but it was spacious and had wifi and hardwire available for my laptop. The food was good and I ordered room service one night and was not disappointed. There was a mini fridge and bar and great bathroom with coffee etc. I would definitely stay there again.

I only gave location a 3 because where it's located in Oceanside itself is pretty sketchy. Think Santa Cruz boardwalk except more run down. The hotel was great and I suspect they cater to A LOT of military families visiting.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
CRPatel, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside Near Camp Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Thank you for staying with us and your response. Your feed back is very important to us to improve in our day to day operation.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our first impression of the hotel was good Than as it turns out the building we thought was our hotel was not. Group of 3 buildings 2 hotels and 1 timeshare all next to each other. When we checked in we were told that the room we booked was not available yet but for an extra $20.00 we could have a suite instead. so we paid the extra charge and when we arrived at our room it was exactly the same as the one we had booked original. We called the front desk and were informed due to the fact we had a sofa bed in the room it was a suite.. What a joke.. The sink area is separate from the bathroom and in the middle of the room which is a bit awkward. The complimentary coffee bar in the lobby had cold coffee anytime we stopped by only good thing was the fresh oranges. The pool is very small would compare it to a swim spa and after we used the Jacuzzi we all broke out in a itchy rash. The small dinning room they have is cramped and the food is over priced and lacking in both taste and quality.

Room Tip: Don't get talked into an upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside Near Camp Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Keith S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our property. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class accommodations and service to our guests. We regret we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into and that your comments will be used to monitor future improvements needed.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Karen C

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

My family of four stayed here. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The location was central to the activities we had planned. The rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy. This hotel is a great value.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for staying at Baymont Inn & Suites and your response. Your feed back is very important to us to improve in our day to day operation.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife had an emergency with her mother who lives in Carlsbad ca- she was admitted to a local hospital w/ cardiac distress- we live 140 miles away- we got to the hospital at 11:00pm and I looked for the nearest motel- it was the holiday inn express - I booked using my Priority card - when we got to the hotel at 12:30- they had the reservation and front desk help was friendly we checked in with no issues- the room was in the back, clean and quiet- in the morning they serve a self service breakfast which was hot and fresh- we left In a hurry so we need some toiletries which were provided as a courtesy- in a bad situation they really came through-

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank laurence S

Thank you for your response. Your feed back is very important to us to improve in our day to day operation.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I spent less than 5 minutes at this Hotel. From the outside it looks like a small and dated property. Inside, the room was tiny and smelled. The floor beneath us was undergoing renovations, was unsafe for children to be walking around and was not closed off. I would have grudgingly paid half the price to stay here but no way is it worth what they are asking.

It is obvious from reading other reviews on the Internet that other guest feel the same way about the property, several writing it is the lowest quality HI hotel they've ever seen. Management - do something about it! Your renovations will take 3 years - during that time don't charge people full price for the room!!

I've had it with the outsourced reservations call center that frequently makes mistakes because of the language barrier - forcing me to call back and give my credit card information to them again.

I've had it with the inflexible technology - forcing me to call the hotel for some things, reservations for other things, and the Priority Club line for others. Hearing "I'm sorry, your reservation is locked and I can't change it, you'll have to call the Hotel" from the reservations line and "I'm sorry, I can't change anything about your reservation from the Hotel, you'll have to call our reservations line" from the Hotel is beyond a joke.

Go ahead - save money on your Customer Service - purchase lower quality properties, slap on a Holiday Inn label and double the price - good luck finding other people to stay in your Hotels because I'm done with you!

25,000 points and my Gold Priority Club card are on the way back to you.

It's interesting that when you checkout like I did, the Hotel management and Holiday Inn computers are very happy to keep the money you paid for your hotel room, but when you try to use your confirmation number to give feedback about the hotel, their computers tell their website you they have no record of your stay.

Hope your investors read this and figure out that, ultimately, you've forgotten how to look after those who provide revenue to the corporation.

raycarnes@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Oceanside Near Camp Pendleton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Ray C,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with our facilities and the service you received. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C