“Medical Recovery a Pleasure”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed in Oceanside for 4 nights while undergoing a very painful outpatient medical procedure that made it impossible for me to drive the 2 hours to my home. I was by myself and the staff was great. They pushed me in my wheelchair to my room several times, physically carried my belongings to my car for me on checkout, graciously ran some breakfast to me in my room when I was in too much pain to travel down to the lobby, and always answered the phone in a pleasant way. The view out my window of the lake with the ducks and the people playing golf made for a restful view from my bed while I was recuperating. The kitchenette with the fridge/freezer allowed me to store up frozen dinners before my procedure and then microwave them when needed. The standard bathroom door folded back along the wall giving me full access to the bathroom with my wheelchair/walker and was wide enough for me to roll in with it. The room rate was VERY reasonable, $15 less per night than what the Express Hotel just to the south of them was charging for a room not even half as nice.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the lake if you will be there during the daylight hours to watch the ducks and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Not too far from my previous stay at this location. Only a few days this trip. Left a note at the front desk this morning (before 7 am) about the bath sink not draining - the sink is still not draining. I have to say though that the front desk staff are great and on the ball. Can't beat this ESA versus the next door competition for sure!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on the Interstate 5 (east) side. Though I left the windows open for the fresh a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I am a travel Nurse and my Wife is one also. We worked at Tri City Hospital in San Diego. This was a pleasant stay for the both of us. The staff went out of their way to help us with faxing and printing out information for us. The rooms were quiet and clean. The staff were always very friendly and would call and check if everything is to our satisfaction,very impressive. We personally want to thank Anthony for his professionalism representing Extend Stay America. We also would like to thank Maria in housekeeping for working around our busy schedules and for the excellence and pride she took in cleaning our room. We don't know everybody's name but there was always a tall dark haired woman in the morning at the desk and always said good morning and welcome home, very refreshing. I look forward to the day that we may return to this hotel and stay there with this fantastic staff.

Sincerely;
Raymond Vincent RN
Marilyn Maxwell CCRN

Room Tip: Stay to the back of the hotel very quiet with a nice golf coarse.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I've spent the last 3 months in an Extended Stay in Asheville NC and it was a dump. I had almost given up on this Brand. However, the warm greeting and newer style room has renewwd my faith. Imagine my surprise when they told me I would have to change rooms in a week because they were remodeling again. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us now! I only ask the company to uprade your television channels. Not everyone wants 5 ESPN, and 6 News channels out of you 21 choices.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are quieter and face a golf course.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I travel 300 days a year for business. This hotel was truly impressive. Staff is polite and informative. Location is within 3 miles of oceanside beach and pier. Easy access to parkway with many restaurants and shopping nearby. Rooms are large and well equipped (kitchen, flat screen tv).
If you can forego a pool, this hotel serves most needs.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank arthurontheroad
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights on a long vaca. Was excited we had a kitchen to save money on food, but was hungry all weekend! The pans in the room were TERRIBLE! Everything we cooked stuck to these damn things! and all we had was face cloths to clean the dishes! The counters were dirty when we arrived and the halls and room itself smelled! The window at the end of our hall was open, obviously trying to air it out. People hanging out front drinking beers, seemed odd... Bed was so uncomfortable I am in the worst pain I can remember physically being in from a bed. Would say it needs updates, but half of the doors had notes stuck to them that there would be updates next month apparently showing people live here long term... I was unaware this was more of a residence than a hotel. Would not stay again. The kitchen was not what I hoped, and the "neighbors" were loud all hours along with creeks and crooks of misc. things in the room/hotel. Hopefully thr update will help the facility.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank floridacali11
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Everything was very good and the staff was excellent. We are going back in December and look forward to our stay we are from Illinois and we found this to be a very nice hotel which is conveniently located to expressways and shopping. There was coffee, fruit, muffins and breakfast bars every morning. We were there over the labor day weekend and found it to be very quiet which surprised us,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Larry - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you found our hotel location convenient and suitable for your needs. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast. Also, I am glad to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional service during your stay.