“Sketchy Pet Policy”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We've been traveling throughout California with our two tiny doggies for the past 6 weeks. We decided to try this chain so we could have a kitchen. When I made the reservation on their website, it said pets welcome, with no fees mentioned. When were checking in, there was a sign posted on the lobby counter saying there was a charge of $25/pet per day. This which would have translated to $300 for our stay. $50/day is more than our kennel charges! We have paid $75 in total pet fees at other, more upscale Cali hotels and those fees were clearly listed on their websites. Luckily I had not prepaid for our stay, so we cancelled. I certainly understand a pet fee, but a hidden charge that is 4 times higher than the Hyatt is poor business practice. Pet owners be warned.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank bbBB_8

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My son was getting married the following evening at the country club directly behind the hotel. I was of course a nervous wreck and I must of called 8 times with different requests, every time I was treated very kind and met every request I asked for. The price is outstanding for the room and location. There is no need to look elsewhere, believe me I am very particular and this is a top notch place to stay.
I stayed on the golf course side and it was a very relaxing view. All the staff was polite and I really can't say one bad thing about this hotel. Book here you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel so you have a relaxing view of the country club and golf course.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Many places are convenient, inexpensive and clean. Extended Stay Oceanside is all this plus - the staff, their attitude and their service is outstanding. We will definitely return and recommend it to all we know!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for one night just to get away and got a really good price for our room. The room was clean and we had a beautiful view of the golf course lake which had a fountain and ducks in it. Staff was very friendly. The other side of the hotel has a view of the dressy so if you stay here just ask for a room facing the lake and you will be happy.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Koepflek
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Gotta say it's a pretty great budget friendly hotel. As with any trip of mine it was a company paid stay and only for once night but there wasn't a single thing I'd complain about. Josie (front desk) was very polite and helpful, they even called my room a few hours later to make sure I was settled in and happy with the room. Location is pretty good, easy access to the freeway and wherever else you would need to go; plus you're right next to a hooters! (lol)

Pros (based on the room I booked which was the king bed suite)

Very Clean - Linens were bright with no visible staining
Everything was in working order, no issues with plumbing, electrical or drainage (and at least 8 times out of 10 I get the room with the a/c system that only has a working fan)
Staff was very friendly,social and courteous
Affordable (again I didn't pay myself but the rate was 89.99 for the room which is pretty good)
Ample Parking

As far as I'm concerned as long as I don't need to work IN San Diego this will be where I'm staying from now on.

Room Tip: Personally I love the king bed suites
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel in December 2013-check in was quick and friendly.
The room is very spacious. Love that there is a full sized fridge and cupboard stocked with plates and silverware. Great for families who can do light cooking or reheating. There is a big flat screen TV and the beds are nice and comfortable. I love the toiletries too. The building is secure-guests need to swipe their key cards to get in after 11p-which is great for security but bad if you have friends or family coming to visit. Lots of free parking. Hotel is close to the freeway and many shops and restaurants. ESA is a great value!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed in Oceanside for 4 nights while undergoing a very painful outpatient medical procedure that made it impossible for me to drive the 2 hours to my home. I was by myself and the staff was great. They pushed me in my wheelchair to my room several times, physically carried my belongings to my car for me on checkout, graciously ran some breakfast to me in my room when I was in too much pain to travel down to the lobby, and always answered the phone in a pleasant way. The view out my window of the lake with the ducks and the people playing golf made for a restful view from my bed while I was recuperating. The kitchenette with the fridge/freezer allowed me to store up frozen dinners before my procedure and then microwave them when needed. The standard bathroom door folded back along the wall giving me full access to the bathroom with my wheelchair/walker and was wide enough for me to roll in with it. The room rate was VERY reasonable, $15 less per night than what the Express Hotel just to the south of them was charging for a room not even half as nice.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the lake if you will be there during the daylight hours to watch the ducks and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo