“Nice place, great price and fantastic customer service!”

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a great place to stay and the value is good. Sure the rooms are a bit dated but that is the only down fall I experienced. The room was VERY clean and the staff is super friendly. They truly go out of there way to help you.
I was in town during the recent fires, the hotel embraced MANY evacuees and I witnessed first hand how caring the staff is. They went out of their way to help everyone and make everyone feel welcome!
I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Usually my family and I stay at suite-style hotels that have daily maid service, full buffet breakfast, etc., but are twice the cost. This property is so perfect for occasions when you really do not want your room cleaned daily(you can get fresh towels at the front desk any time you like) and for me the breakfast is more than adequate. I felt that to have the full kitchen and a nice clean room it was a great value! The staff was wonderful, too!

Room Tip: Lake view is the way to go!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 60DeniseL
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We've been traveling throughout California with our two tiny doggies for the past 6 weeks. We decided to try this chain so we could have a kitchen. When I made the reservation on their website, it said pets welcome, with no fees mentioned. When were checking in, there was a sign posted on the lobby counter saying there was a charge of $25/pet per day. This which would have translated to $300 for our stay. $50/day is more than our kennel charges! We have paid $75 in total pet fees at other, more upscale Cali hotels and those fees were clearly listed on their websites. Luckily I had not prepaid for our stay, so we cancelled. I certainly understand a pet fee, but a hidden charge that is 4 times higher than the Hyatt is poor business practice. Pet owners be warned.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank bbBB_8
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My son was getting married the following evening at the country club directly behind the hotel. I was of course a nervous wreck and I must of called 8 times with different requests, every time I was treated very kind and met every request I asked for. The price is outstanding for the room and location. There is no need to look elsewhere, believe me I am very particular and this is a top notch place to stay.
I stayed on the golf course side and it was a very relaxing view. All the staff was polite and I really can't say one bad thing about this hotel. Book here you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel so you have a relaxing view of the country club and golf course.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Many places are convenient, inexpensive and clean. Extended Stay Oceanside is all this plus - the staff, their attitude and their service is outstanding. We will definitely return and recommend it to all we know!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for one night just to get away and got a really good price for our room. The room was clean and we had a beautiful view of the golf course lake which had a fountain and ducks in it. Staff was very friendly. The other side of the hotel has a view of the dressy so if you stay here just ask for a room facing the lake and you will be happy.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Koepflek
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Gotta say it's a pretty great budget friendly hotel. As with any trip of mine it was a company paid stay and only for once night but there wasn't a single thing I'd complain about. Josie (front desk) was very polite and helpful, they even called my room a few hours later to make sure I was settled in and happy with the room. Location is pretty good, easy access to the freeway and wherever else you would need to go; plus you're right next to a hooters! (lol)

Pros (based on the room I booked which was the king bed suite)

Very Clean - Linens were bright with no visible staining
Everything was in working order, no issues with plumbing, electrical or drainage (and at least 8 times out of 10 I get the room with the a/c system that only has a working fan)
Staff was very friendly,social and courteous
Affordable (again I didn't pay myself but the rate was 89.99 for the room which is pretty good)
Ample Parking

As far as I'm concerned as long as I don't need to work IN San Diego this will be where I'm staying from now on.

Room Tip: Personally I love the king bed suites
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business